Who is ready to go camping? - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Camping Discussion

Who is ready to go camping?

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2008, 12:18 PM

Default Who is ready to go camping?

I wish it was summer, to be camping right now, cooking hotdogs and marshmallows over an open fire. Anyone else been missing it, too? Or anyone still camping currently?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2008, 11:09 AM

I am really missing camping these days . I am curiously waiting for the winter to come so that we will be able to enjoy camping . I have planned camping program with my camper comunity . We will be on soon in the summer .
Old 01-13-2008, 12:26 PM

We are desparate to go. The kids are driving me nuts. They saw a show the other day where Dora and Boots were putting up this tent for some reason. And the rest of the day, I got no peace.

As little as they are, I am amazed that they think about camping all the time. They ask if they can put the little tent up in the sun room to sleep. And they like to pretend the fireplace in the living room is their campfire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Yep, we are ready to go too. I like the colder weather during christmas and stuff, but when thats over, I am ready for spring and camping. It wont be long, but definitely cant get here quick enough.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:14 AM
Camping Guru

I've been ready to go camping again about 1 day after our last camping trip. I think the worst day I had was when I had to put the trailer in storage. Spring is right around the corner. The problem is waiting. That corner is a long ways away. Oh well, it gives me time to plan out my summer and booking campsites.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:16 PM

I'm ready, lets go. I dont know how much longer I can wait, or how much longer the family can wait. Everytime its a sunny day outside we look at each other and wonder why we arent camping yet. But, we know why, cause its COLD, but sometimes I dont think I would care, lets just go....
Old 01-15-2008, 10:02 AM
Camping Extraordinaire

Yep we are ready to go too. A couple weekends ago we had a slight warm up and debated giving it a try. Family came into town and we weren't able to go but the next warm up we are going!
Old 02-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Addicted Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailfire99 View Post
Yep, we are ready to go too. I like the colder weather during christmas and stuff, but when thats over, I am ready for spring and camping. It wont be long, but definitely cant get here quick enough.
Don't you follks from down south camp year round?
I didn't put our camper away until Thanksgiving weekend(got 6" of snow that weekend). I'm hoping to get it ready and start camping the end of March.
Kids have spring break March 28th thru April 6th, so I want to go somewhere. Even tho' the days might only be a high of 50* with nights in the 20's. Similar to when I put it away after hunting season.
1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee(8" lift, 37" tires) play rig
Old 03-01-2008, 07:30 AM
Camping Guru

Lot of people do...We usually camp from around march - october, then it gets a little chilly. there are days in january when its 60, but days when its 20, so we usually leave the camper winterized until about march. otherwise, we may get a busted water line if not in use.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:58 AM
Camping Fanatic

We are in west TN and we dont camp all year. It gets down to the teens here, sometimes single digits. So we leave our camper winterized about 4 months out of the year. We went camping a couple of times last year when it was in the 20's at night, and it was a little too cold for us. mainly the little one

Ford Mainline
Old 03-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Addicted Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailfire99 View Post
Lot of people do...We usually camp from around march - october, then it gets a little chilly. there are days in january when its 60, but days when its 20, so we usually leave the camper winterized until about march. otherwise, we may get a busted water line if not in use.
We get freezing nights here starting sometimes in late Sept. We left our camper at the same campground Sept-Nov last fall for hunting season. Starting in mid Oct. I had to winterize our camper each Sunday when we left, then un-winterize it when we got back the following Friday. It was some what a pain, but worth it not getting any frozen pipes..
1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee(8" lift, 37" tires) play rig
Old 03-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

ME...ME...ME....yea I'm about sick of the cold now, we are ready to GO...GO...Go !
Old 03-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Camping Fanatic

2nd that terri. We are ready to. Warm weather has struck a few times here and we have the fever, bad....Think we are going next weekend, if the weather holds like it has been

Ford Mainline
Old 03-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: Tent

I bought my tent today!!!! A 10 x 14 trek canvas tent! I am officially READY!!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteri View Post
I bought my tent today!!!! A 10 x 14 trek canvas tent! I am officially READY!!!!

Kiteri good for you, I'm excited for you ! Do they post pictures here ? If you can post some.I would like to post a few pictures myself... isn't it so much fun to get something new..lol..CONGRATS !