Camping Etiquette Tips - Page 2 - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Camping Discussion

Camping Etiquette Tips

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Thanks for this! As a new camper I never really ever thought about the proper etiquette but luckily I came across this while doing a search!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Primitive

Well, this is basically my bit on etiquette.

1. Arrive as early as possible on your first day. You are paying for it, might as well get there as soon as possible.
2. I won't go into all the details about setting up the camp and gear. Mainly don't be a dork about it. If you don't know how your equipment goes together, or operates, do dry run at home.

3. Try not to be loud, especially during "quiet time". When I camp, sometimes I like to lie in the hammock in the middle of the afternoon, listening to nature, not listening to you in the next camp over, playing "NAUGHTY BY NATURE" on a boom box. Teach your screaming kids how to shut up, or ask for a space FAR away from other campers, or next to other annoying people. Same goes for pets.
4. When it's time to pack up, just do it efficiently, and then when all your stuff is safely stowed away, police the area and pick up all evidence of human presence, yours or stuff that was left there before by previous dorks. To make it fun, play CSI:Camping and pretend you are looking for evidence on a crime scene. Put all the evidence in the big hefty bag and take it with you.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Tent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailfire99 View Post
Try to control your noise and your pets.
Don't forget the children. Personally, I have no qualms against kids camping. I think it's awesome that even today, lots of parents are bringing their kids camping in the hopes that they learn to appreciate more than just computers and those kinds of stuff. But that doesn't mean that they should be allowed to roam freely, squealing and shouting.

Once, we noticed one group with all the grownups were huddled by the barbecue grill while the kids kept on running through our campsite and others, screaming at each other and all. It was crazy! My mom and I had enough and approached the group to tell them to worry more about their kids than the meat.