using public showers - Page 3 - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Camping Discussion

using public showers

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2015, 08:02 PM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Having worked in campgrounds for a number of years I can attest to the disturbing things people do in restrooms. For the record the women's is much worse than the mens. When it is brought to our attention it is immediately cleaned and sanitized. I would always wear shower shoes when in any public restroom. Sadly it's not uncommon to see little kids in PJ's with feet in them walking around the rest rooms, then crawling into bed...yuck.... Most campgrounds I have been either working or visiting cleaned about 10 to 2...when campers are leaving and new arriving, the usage is lowest during those hours. I have camped for decades and never saw or had a problem with showers causing problems. Never had anyone report they got rashes etc, it may happen, but it's rare not the norm.
I should add I have worked maintenance in a large box store for several christmas season's. It is the same there, in fact, it's a typical day to find in a women's bath to find poop all over the toilet, or on the floor. Seems many females are afraid to actually sit on the toilet, even with the paper rings. So they stand on the seat and hover, missing the opening...it's not uncommon at all. That being said, if the campground is clean as a whole, most likely the restrooms are also. With normal caution no one should worry about using them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2015, 12:15 AM
Camper
Camper Type: None

It reminds me of my experience in the public water. It really disturbs me.