constant campsite visitors - Page 2 - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Camping Discussion

constant campsite visitors

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: 5th Wheel

It's even worse with new RVers. RV salesmen are up there with the most dishonest people out there and I say that because in addition to not telling the truth all the time, "Yes, your tow vehicle will tow that just fine", they neglect to tell you what else is needed to use your rig. Then the poor newbie doesn't figure this out until they are at the site.

This might seem like it's off topic, but does show that there is a time to be intrusive. If you see some camper that looks like they might get themselves in trouble, ask first, then offer a hand. In the long run, they'll appreciate as long as you offer kindness and respect at the same time. Bring one or two sodas, beers or treats on your way over. Just remember to respect their time and space.

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Tent & Backpack with all the gear

Last edited by artmart; 06-19-2011 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: get back on topic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

we came across a similar situation on our last camping trip, only it was another family's kids. We had my husband's little brother with us, who knew the kids and they were always at our site--even after little brother left (we stayed an extra day)--they still kept showing up and hanging out at our site. The little girl would whine that she was thirsty the second she stepped foot in our site and then every five minutes after that. The other parents never even came over to see where their kids were hanging out---just let 'em run free. So annoying. I don't mind my kids making new friends and playing with those new friends, but they realize that it's not going to be 24/7...there are still things we want to do as a family....after all, part of getting away is getting closer with the family.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Tent

The trick is to not look friendly. As I get older, I full well realize my my Dad was always the mean grumpy old man! I have no problems telling anyone elses kids to get their hands off my stuff.

One of our campsite rules is the kids play away from the campsite, or at least on the outskirts of our site, away from the tent.

Last season I did have to politely and nice as possible tell a couple that were tended next to us "leave". Never met them before, never saw them before, but they were standing on out site even as we started setting up the tent. Wife made uncomfortable small talk, I completely ignored them, and they just watched us set up.

Waited till we were all set, got my chair set and my first relaxing beer, looked at them, and just said ... "OK, time for you to leave. I come here to avoid people."

They left with disgusted looks, my wife was thrilled for once with my direct approach, and a nice long weekend camping with the kids was saved!

Was weird, we're in our early 40's with 2 kids, they were in their late 50's with no kids. Anyone that's lonely enough in their own world to seek out a family with kids .... is someone I don't want to get into deep conversations with!