Travel trailer newbies - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Camping Discussion

Travel trailer newbies

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2018, 10:09 PM
Camper

Default Travel trailer newbies

We bought a used RV travel trailer and are clueless about how to use it. We are going on our first camp trip to the beach this weekend. It is a 2010 Salem, self contained. Does anyone know how to turn on the fridge in a travel trailer? Should we turn it on the night before we leave so that it can be cold already when we start to pack food into it?

Also, how does one easily light the pilot for the water heater? Is there an easy way to do it without being so scared of blowing up the trailer?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2018, 12:36 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Tent

Haven't ever had a tt, but you may find an online manual for either the trailer or appliances in question.

If you can run your fridge without AC power, you might want to pre-chill, at least that makes sense to me. As for pilot lights, I have no words. Wish you the best of luck and a successful maiden voyage!
Old 11-15-2018, 08:02 PM
Addicted Camper
Camper Type: Popup

As far as figuring out how to work things on your camper, check out YouTube videos. Even if not for your specific model camper, there aren't that many differences in appliances that you should be able to find someone addressing your questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2018, 11:57 AM
Camper

I am interested in this too
Old 11-21-2018, 07:28 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Tent

2010 Forest River Owners Manual - Forest River Forums

Try here... I see a link for owners manuals that are 100% free. Not sure if that is factual but you can try. I suppose it is as good a place to start as any.