camper grill hookups - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Camping Discussion

camper grill hookups

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Default camper grill hookups

Hi folks

I bought a Coleman Roadtrip grill to replace the grill that came with it, What I want to know is the hose coming out of the side of the trailer has a quick disconnect female end on it with a shut off valve on it. The coleman of course comes with a regulator and a screw in connect to attache small bottles or a hose to a large bottle. I want to put or get a male quick disconnect to the regulator. Can this be done? Help please and thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Addicted Camper

Gas20,

Been there and done that with my PUP. Unfortunately the answer is yes you can physically make the connections but I don't think it will work.

The gas line with the female is probably a low pressure line and you need a high pressure (i.e. unregulated) line for the Coleman grill.

In addition to using a large propane cylinder or the one pound ones, you have two options. You can purchase a low pressure grill OR run a new line with a "T" from the cylinders to the place you want to use the grill. Some folks just get a 15 or 20 foot propane hose.

Hope this helps.

Ruide

My Mods and Pictures and My Weekly Blog
Old 08-06-2009, 08:19 AM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

That's what I do. I have a seperate 20lbs tank with what's called the propane tree. It has 3 outlets on the thee one of them at the top to put a lantern. Works great. I have the colman stove and a grill hooked up to one tank at the same time.
Coleman - 30 Propane Distribution Tree -
http://www.coleman.com/coleman/Colem...t_id=5475B580T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2009, 08:37 AM
_
Camper Type: None

Is the outside line low pressure? I don't have one, but I thought that the reason they put outdoor stoves is because they aren't held to low pressure laws like those inside.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Addicted Camper

Some outside lines are low while others are high. I can't speak to the travel trailers but some PUP manufactures have low pressure lines both inside and outside so you could use the portable inside stove outside. I think the furnace, water heater and propane lines to the fridge are all low pressure lines so it made life easy to have the whole system low pressure. I know that Fleetwood/Coleman heard from their buyers that they wanted a high pressure outside line so they could use regular grills and not have to buy a low pressure grill. So my 2007 Evolution has a outside low pressure line but the 2009 Evolution has a high pressure outside line.

Typically (there are exceptions) if you have a quick disconnect on the outside that is a low pressure line. A screw type connection is for high pressure lines. The best way is to trace the line back to the tank and see where it is connected.

Hope this helps.

Ruide.

My Mods and Pictures and My Weekly Blog
Old 06-22-2016, 03:05 AM
Camper

i love to hear the top songs of 2016... In 2016 there are many songs which can touch my heart so i would like to hear the top songs of 2016
Old 06-22-2016, 07:38 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingents View Post
i love to hear the top songs of 2016... In 2016 there are many songs which can touch my heart so i would like to hear the top songs of 2016
The one true answer about the grill hookups
Old 07-02-2018, 10:32 AM
Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gas20 View Post
Hi folks

I bought a Coleman Roadtrip grill to replace the grill that came with it, What I want to know is the hose coming out of the side of the trailer has a quick disconnect female end on it with a shut off valve on it. The coleman of course comes with a regulator and a screw in connect to attache small bottles or a hose to a large bottle. I want to put or get a male quick disconnect to the regulator. Can this be done? Help please and thanks

http://torjik.com Sells the conversion hose I bought. Love it. You will need to take a part off of your original Coleman regulator, so you won’t be able to switch back to bottles easily. Since I am on my second road trip grill, I had a spare. Or you can buy another regulator from Coleman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk