headin south? - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Campgrounds, Resorts and Attractions

headin south?

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 06:40 PM

Default headin south?

thinking of vacation.born and rised in michigan seen alot of the state(all 4 of us)thinking of heading south with the boat (small)do not need electric would like to stay in camp ground but not full service.maybe TE or KY? any suggestion's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2008, 06:37 AM
Camping Fanatic
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

There are a lot of nice campgrounds, depending on where you want to go. Kentucky lake is huge, and there are a lot of places to camp there, some in Tennessee, some in Kentucky. And there is plenty of lake. If you are in Algonac MI area, you are looking at 600 plus miles for that though. Louisville Kentucky is around 400 miles, but I that is getting out of my range, not sure what there is to do around those parts.

Ford Mainline
Old 05-01-2008, 07:41 PM

thank's,ctfortner.we have traveled both states 5-6 times but only I 75 never east or west.would'nt mind a cannonball run to get down there but once there just bum aroundsomething diffrent.state forest campground.something peacefull.