Colorado? - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Campgrounds, Resorts and Attractions

Colorado?

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TxTwoSome

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2015, 11:28 AM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Default Colorado?

hey , can anybody recommend a decent spot in the Colorado Rockies, for tent camping, by a river or a lake, at a relatively high altitude and cooler temperature - less than 80'F. I found online a lot of parks and campsites, but they all have pet restrictions, guns restriction. I am looking for something in the wilderness where i dont have to worry about people complaining about my dogs, and no authorities to give me crap about shooting as much as i want to.
I picked Colorado, because it seems that is the closest place with decent mountains to me ( I live in dallas) where I can find cool weather and beautiful scenery....Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2015, 11:34 AM
Administrator
Camper Type: Tent

It's nice to meet you! Colorado is on my list of places that I would love to visit and spend some time camping there!
Old 09-15-2015, 05:35 AM
Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Default Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by shallowhal51 View Post
hey , can anybody recommend a decent spot in the Colorado Rockies, for tent camping, by a river or a lake, at a relatively high altitude and cooler temperature - less than 80'F. I found online a lot of parks and campsites, but they all have pet restrictions, guns restriction. I am looking for something in the wilderness where i dont have to worry about people complaining about my dogs, and no authorities to give me crap about shooting as much as i want to.
I picked Colorado, because it seems that is the closest place with decent mountains to me ( I live in dallas) where I can find cool weather and beautiful scenery....Thanks!
Look into Silverton Colorado a place called Mineral Creek Campground you can camp right along a beautiful creek. We went tent camping there in September before. but after September may be to cold at least for me. Guns may be a problem here. There are also BLM places in the area to boondock.
Cricket likes this.