Camping during covid - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Campgrounds, Resorts and Attractions

Camping during covid

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By horeakaii

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2020, 03:33 AM
Camper

Default Camping during covid

girlfriend and I need to get out of the house and into some fresh air ! can you still camp on dispersed blm land with all the closures going on right now . I’ve tried looking into several websites but I keep getting redirected and it’s very stressful to find a simple yes or no . can someone help ! ? !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2020, 10:42 AM
Camper

I think it'd be better to wait for the virus crisis to be better.

e bikes for kids
coveterh likes this.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:51 AM
Camper

But if you are nearby a picnic site, like let's say just about a walking distance, I think we can consider that but it is better safe than sorry. I am also longing for picnics already haha. anyways, see you around!

Enable Impact Water Softener Reviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2020, 11:46 PM
Camper

I won't recommend camping on a crowded site. Hoping yours won't have too many people. If there isn't any then I think It would even be better to just camp since that is literally social distancing.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:22 AM
Addicted Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

We over here in the UK, can't go camping/caravanning. All sites across the country are closed. We can take exercise, ie, walking from home. We can't travel using the car. In fact, from what I've read, your insurance will not pay out if you are involved in an accident on a non-essential trip. So for us, its essential travel only, ie, shopping for food. Luckily, I'm in walking distance of walking in the countryside. Best to stay safe
Old 05-20-2020, 07:37 AM
Camper

I'm too terrified to go on camping. Will just wait until a vaccine is released.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:39 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Motorhome

I can't see why you are more there 6 foot apart are you not? Living out side isnot the problem people being on top of you could be go out fish,run,walk with nature just keep a distance which I always did.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:59 AM
Camper

Default Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawford View Post
I can't see why you are more there 6 foot apart are you not? Living out side isnot the problem people being on top of you could be go out fish,run,walk with nature just keep a distance which I always did.
I guess I'd just go somewhere secluded where there's not a lot of people.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:12 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsermainst. View Post
girlfriend and I need to get out of the house and into some fresh air ! can you still camp on dispersed blm land with all the closures going on right now . I’ve tried looking into several websites but I keep getting redirected and it’s very stressful to find a simple yes or no . can someone help ! ? !
You can absolutely go camping and maintain a more than safe distance from other people. We are big fans of dispersed camping/boondocking, and that's generally what we do, but even in an established campground it shouldn't be a problem. My only concern would be using public bathrooms. Bring lots of disinfectant.

We've been camping nearly every weekend for a little over a month now. We keep an eye on the forest service website for updates, so we know what's allowed and what isn't. Dispersed camping has been allowed all along, and they just started opening up campgrounds that are normally open long before now. There are some that won't be ready until the middle of July.

Get out of your house, enjoy the out doors.
Old 07-03-2020, 06:23 AM
Camper
Camper Type: None

On July 2, 2020 we released our “We Wear Because We Care” campaign. As states close back down and people think masks are optional, the message is more important.
"We Wear Because We Care" and "I Wear Because I Care" are great messages that people and businesses can be proud of.
Because WE care, we are giving away templates and website banners for public and corporate use.
Examples of the social media templates are available on the website.
You’ll also find 4 website banners on our website: Las Vegas Homes for Sale
No personal information is gathered and it takes under a minute to put a picture on the template. Then they can be shared directly from our site with just a click.
Please join with our efforts and help stop the spread of COVID-19 with a caring approach to mask wearing.

We hope you’ll choose to spread the word and utilize our templates to do so.