Camper Community Forums banner

Dream Big!

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  dd45529 
#1 ·
Okay, lets play pretend for a minute:

You've just won the lottery. You're not a MEGA millionaire, but you are going to use the money to build your own campground.

What are five things that you are building into your campground?

Get creative, it will be fun!

#2 ·
My 5 must haves for my campground are:

1. Every campsite would have shade and lots of privacy. I can't tell you how dissappointed I have been at times to show up to the campsite I reserved online to find NO trees and my neighbor RIGHT beside me. I don't like baking in the sun and I especially don't like doing it with an audience!

2. A drive-in theater... complete with old fashioned soda fountain concession stand! There will be a big lawn for all the campers to put their lawn chairs up in, and lots of parking for the locals to come and enjoy a movie!

3. A paintball by day... laser tag by night course. Maybe teenagers will be less likely to whine to their parents when they come camping!!! :)

4. A water park... my daughter would NEVER let me live it down if I didn't include this since she is a fish!

5. The best dang camp store EVER!!!! My own mini-Cabellas in the middle of a campground... okay maybe this one is a little too much!

#3 ·
1. Big sites, lots of privacy, mixture shade and sun (exposure to southern sky so the satellite dish owners don't complain about their signal).

2. Lots of trails for hiking and biking.

3. Must be on river or lake.

4. A little ampi-theater (like this one- http://www.panoramio.com/photo/12776266) to let local musicians (preferably bluegrass) entertain, and to have church service on Sunday mornings.

5. A dog friendly exercise area.

#4 ·
Definitely would have shade!

Offer many, if not all, water front lots. I am never quick/lucky enough to get them.

Sewer connections at ALL rv campsites.

Wireless Broadband Internet

Nice little honeymoon chalets for those what want the outdoors, but not the "rough" of camping, or maybe they just dont have a camper/tent yet.

#6 ·
Reading threads on another forum about the wi-fi at CG's, it sounds like a nightmare for the CG owners. Some were rating parks low because they couldn't connect, and they just had to have it. The general consensus was if you have to have it that bad, get an air card (which is another can of worms).

#7 ·
Yeah I have an air card and love it for things like that. They are expensive, around $60 a month, but fortunately my company pays for it so I can be available when needed. Nothing like driving down the interstate and browsing the net. Has saved us a time or two when being out of town and having to look up directions, phone numbers, etc..

#9 ·
<snip>Has saved us a time or two when being out of town and having to look up directions, phone numbers, etc..
Here's one you might not know. Now you do need a good starting and ending address (including zip code). You text to 46645 your starting location, the word "to", and your end location. You will get the directions back (46645 translates to "GOOGL") - they may not arrive in the correct order, but they are numbered so you can follow the directions. From Google maps.

#8 ·
1. I am a millionaire remember???? I am not worried about my campground rating cuz some bozo doesn't know how to enable his laptop radio. :rotflmao1: Just kidding!

2. I would LOVE an aircard, but my company won't pay for mine, and I really can't shell that kind of money out.... cuz I am NOT actually the millionaire I am pretending to be for this thread! :D

#12 ·
My RV camp area

1. Wide pull through sites with no low hanging limbs, but trees for shade.
2. Some grass or real ground on site (I have 2 dogs and need to put up portable fencing for them)
3. Strong signal wifi
4. Good fenced attractive dog park
5. Good fenced attractive children's park

If I have that much money, the pool, rec hall, rec areas and on site dump site are a given. A good store that doesn't charge double or triple would also be there. Katherine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.