Getting to know you.... getting to know all about you!!! - Page 2 - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Around the Campfire

Getting to know you.... getting to know all about you!!!

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 09:25 AM
_
Camper Type: None

Now it's 7-2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: Tent

Hooray!!! You do know what happens when two women get together don't you?????

We are campers...for goodness sake we are the cream of the crop as girls go!
Old 02-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Talking

Years Camping: Since I was 3, I'm now 48. DW has been camping for about 6 years and loves it.
Our Camper: 2005 Fleetwood Niagara Pop-up.
What we enjoy most about camping: Being outside away from everything. I thoroughly enjoy grilling. Cooking in my Dutch Ovens (6 of them). Any type of cooking outdoors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2009, 02:01 PM
_

"Eric AND Debbie" - that makes it 8-3.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:32 AM

1. Real first name?
Heather
2. How long have you been camping?
Only a couple of years, actually. Just got my own gear this year. :-)
3. What do you camp with?
Right now, I have a 9'x7' timber something or other dome tent I got off craigslist with some other miscellaneous stuff (Cooler, pans, etc.). It works for now, but I want to get a large canvas "mansion" eventually. I'm all about tent camping, but want to get a pop-up and/or something like that even more eventually. :-)
4. Favorite thing about camping?
Getting out of town, being in the woods, campfires, hiking, sleeping like a rock, other campers are so friendly most of the time! Proving to myself that I CAN do things.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: Tent

Hooray!!!! Another girl!!!

Yeah, I am looking at a pop up for the rain and "bears" that scare my daughter... but I will NEVER part with the canvas mansion!!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 11:56 AM

It seems to be 8-4 now, haha! We're catching up!
Old 04-08-2009, 06:17 PM

Years camping: I started camping with my parents 30 yrs. ago then after I got married I convinced the hubby he would love it too! Now hes hooked.

Our camper: 2008 Salem TT (after years of tent camping we moved up to a coleman . Then on to the new rig... Now its much easier to hook up and go
What I love most about camping: The clean fresh air and beverages around the campfire with firends

Last edited by southrnbound; 04-10-2009 at 07:10 AM..
Old 04-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Addicted Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Don't know how I missed this thread before........

1. "Real" first name
Mike or as family calls me Michael
2. How long have you been camping
First time I went camping was kid maybe 8-9. It was with my aunt and uncle in their pickup camper. Went fishing in the CO Rockies. I didn't camp again until my wife took me in '94. I've been camping ever since.
3. Give us some general details of what you camp in/with. (ex. make, model, year of [COLOR=#11593c! important][COLOR=#11593c! important]camper[/COLOR][/COLOR]... kind of tent... brand of backpack & hammock)
First started with a tent, we had a few different ones. 2 years ago we bought our first camper...30' TT.
4. Your favorite thing about camping. TRY to keep this to one or two top favorites.
Favorite thing, getting away from home and work....and getting into the outdoors to relax. Second thing is I love campfires, friends, and cold brews. Those three things seem to always happen camping.
1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee(8" lift, 37" tires) play rig
Old 04-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Camper

Real names
Milt and Robin

Milt has been camping for over 35 years(Yes i am an old fart--51)
Robin has been camping for over 15 years(Yes i am a kid--41)

We tent camp in our (Home away from the big house) 2 room tent.
We love camping when ever we get the (Urge)

Favorite thing is being out with our 7 year old seeing her learn about the out doors and just being with her away from the hussle of regular life.And when our grandson joins in it is a riot.He is 13 and loves being with us away from his mom and dad and as he puts it (having to learn all the time in school) LOL if he only knew.My husband is teaching the two of them all the time we are out doors.He is a teacher at a local high school.
I just love being out and the slow pace and quiet world you find camping.

Have a great summer camping one and all.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:04 AM

Names-Jack and Nancy-both retired law enforcement-K-9 handlers, who travel with five dogs-two goldens, one blind lab, one Belgian Shepherd and one hand-raised beagle.

Been traveling since 1980-been in 40 states so far, including Alaska

Started out in tent, then to pop-up, then class A-Pace Arrow Limited-lots of problems (another story), then a 1997 (new) Bounder-more problems (more stories)

There is nothing better than seeing this great land of ours up close and personal. All associated wildlife that Mother Nature has graced us with.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Popup

Send a message via Skype™ to grcooperjr

Interesting.......

Here goes.....

1. "Real" first name:
Ray & Patty Cooper Also: Toby,Ralphie,Buddy,Sammy, D.B. Cooper, Katie

2. How long have you been camping:
My mother says I was 2 months on the first camping trip. So if thats the case, it's over 52 years.

3. Give us some general details of what you camp in/with. (ex. make, model, year of ... kind of tent... brand of backpack & hammock):
We have camped in pretty much everything over the years. Currently we have a 2007 Fleetwood E3.

4. Your favorite thing about camping. TRY to keep this to one or two top favorites:
Last year and this year so far has been very slow on the camping front. Health has been a big issue. But when we do camp, We love to get up into the high Desert to camp under the stars so we can get our Astronomy fix. It really a blast when you get to a truly DARK SKY area and see the stuff you miss under the city skies.

Other than that, we enjoy quick trips to the beach with the boys & girl. It's a challenge to camp with 6 dogs but they sure have a blast. If it's in season camping we try to limit or dog load to 3. The other 3 stay with Grandma. Out of season they all get to go to the beach.

We hope that things get a bit better so we can do more camping this year....
Old 05-03-2009, 11:40 AM

real first name? keyes

how long i'v been camping? off and on for about 10 years (mostly tent) till about 3 years ago got a camper I 'm on camper #2 now

Give us some general details of what you camp in/with. (ex. make, model, year of camper... kind of tent... brand of backpack & hammock)?I camp now in a 1971 12'comet don't know much about it but im redoing alot of it

Your favorite thing about camping. TRY to keep this to one or two top favorites.
going away from it all and just getting to relax
Old 12-08-2009, 12:11 AM
Addicted Camper
Camper Type: 5th Wheel

no replys lately so here's my input:

1. Bob, just Bob

2. since 1995, crap, that's nearly 15 years, time flies.

3. started out in a 10' something or other that i bought for 300 bucks. it was some ones deer camp and left in the woods for too long (spent 1500 on it before we used it). moved up to a 25' flagstaff (got 2500 trade-in for my 10'er), then a 27' couger 5th wheel (1 slide) and finally a 30' cooper canyon (2 slides). this is the last one until it wears out or i hit the lottery.

4. getting away, cooking on grill or eating out, the beach, the wife and pups and yadda, yadda, yadda.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Motorhome

Wink

My name is Crawford been camping from 69 uncle Sam put me in the bushes I guess I really liked it started with a tent,wounder why, got married went to a popup,TT,Hybread Trailer,now C Class coach,We now planted roots In Dandridge TN, Bank of Dad went out of Money No Gov help LOL Kids live in Asheville. By the way there doesn't look like a ression in Pigen Forge TN or Dollywood area Car eveywhere and places to eat are full .