Possible new job... AGAIN. - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Around the Campfire

Possible new job... AGAIN.

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: Tent

Default Possible new job... AGAIN.

I know I have only been at my current job for 8 months, but I am looking into a new job at a local university. Free college for myself and my kiddos would ROCK!!!!

The job is as an admissions assistant and would be right up my alley.

Any good advice for getting in with a university?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2009, 06:13 PM
_
Camper Type: None

I hope this won't interfere with your Disney trip in a few weeks
Old 01-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Camping Guru

Oh...... I know!!!! I am a wreck about it too.

If they call me to interview during the time I am in Disney, I will just DIE!!!!!

I am holding out hope that everything works out!!! But, if I have to pass a Disney trip this once, for a job that can last for many years.... I will.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Camping Fanatic
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Good luck on that, will keep my fingers crossed for ya. Hopefully it will work out so you get both, but your right, Disney will still be there for you later if this is a job you really want.

Ford Mainline
Old 01-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Camping Guru

Thanks! Probably the worst part of it is not know WHEN they will schedule the interview.

I just have to hope it is BEFORE the Disney trip and that I can start the job when we get back!

How awesome would that be to not worry about the work piling up at my desk for a week when I am at Disney... I could get to start new when I get back!
Old 01-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

I hope everything works out kiteri. Good luck.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Camping Guru

Thanks everyone.

The wind is out of my sails a little bit about my job prospects. Today, I got a mass email thanking me, and the 54 other people who applied.

Some of these people have their full names as their email addresses.

One of the names is the same last name as the Director of the program at the university and it isn't a common last name. Can you say nepotism?

One of the emails is either an internal candidate who already has an email at the university or an alumni who still has her college email.

A couple of them are employed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as they have state.pa.us emails.

And one of the applicants has an email at the university's sister college.

This is stiff competition!

It bugs me a little that they sent that email like that... because now every applicant could "google" or look people's emails up in facebook or myspace to "check out the competition".

Thank goodness I don't have my full first and last name in my email address. And also, can you imagine me seeing the email of someone I know from my current job... and then disclosing that they were searching for other employment? It just seems like it might violate some privacy laws to mass mail like that!
Old 01-12-2009, 01:54 PM
_
Camper Type: None

I had some idiot do that one time. I figured I didn't want to work for anybody that stupid.
Old 10-11-2020, 12:18 PM
Camper

I understand you, because I also recently changed jobs, but I don’t think that this is really what suits me. I love communicating with new people, but I don’t know how to sell some goods or services. I'm good at presentations, for example, but I can't influence a person through psychology. It seems to me that on the Student Share LTD website I read several articles on psychology about this, if you are interested, then you could visit this site and learn more about it.