Mushroom Encouter! - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Around the Campfire

Mushroom Encouter!

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Billy02

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2018, 10:39 AM
Camper

Default Mushroom Encouter!

Me and my buds were out in the woods hunting and i was noticing alot of mushrooms, all different kinds of mushroom and i cant help myself to be curious because i've read some articles about this edible mushrooms that has psychedelic effect on them and as i quite remember one of those mushrooms is this one right here https://www.trufflemagic.com/blog/ps...e-tampanensis/ .. My bud seems to know more infos about mushroom than me and i wanted to ask you guys if you have tried this psychedelic mushrooms yourself. Thanks for the feedback!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2018, 10:41 PM
Camper

Hello Roosevelt,
Please be careful when you try any new mushrooms, and do thorough homework first. I'm not sure about this mushroom, so wait for others to chime in. In the tree trimming work I've done, I've never seen this mushroom before.

Feel free to check out my website (www.treeservice-jeffersoncounty.com) if you need any more information on tree removal work in general.

Last edited by treeservjeffco; 07-12-2018 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: Changed link
Old 07-23-2018, 01:24 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

I agree totally with treeservjeffco. Don't ever eat mushrooms unless you know exactly what they are. Some can be deadly, whilst others are lovely when doing a fry-up. I live in England, and if not sure about mushrooms, I can take a sample to the local chemist who will run tests on them, which doesn't take that long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2018, 10:36 PM
Camper

I agree with both, some can be very deadly, do not try unless you are 200% sure that they are safe and edible.
Shadow likes this.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:03 AM
Camper

Haven't tried that mushroom though but you must take the advice of these gentlemen here. I have a friend who was hospitalized because of eating a poisonous mushroom, well she didn't know that it was! If you want, you can just bring some of them but you must do yourself a favor of not eating it unless you're super sure that it is safe! Have a great day!
www.concretecontractorscincinnati.com
Old 11-30-2018, 06:26 PM
Camper

I wouldn't trust any wild mushrooms that you find. There's a good chance that they can be poisonous. Unless you have an expert with you, steer clear of the wild mushrooms!

Tiffany
http://napatreeservices.com
Old 11-30-2018, 08:16 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Popup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
...and i wanted to ask you guys if you have tried this psychedelic mushrooms yourself.
So... you are asking people on a public forum if they've ever taken an illegal psychotropic substance and expect someone to volunteer that information? I mean, I'm sure there are sites dedicated to the topic, but a camping forum doesn't seem a good fit. (At least to me, anyway.)
Old 02-09-2019, 11:37 AM
Camper

That's interesting!
Old 02-12-2019, 05:16 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Primitive

As said above. ONLY eat a wild mushroom if you are 100% sure of the identification. Sometimes you won't know right away if its poison, then three days later you die of liver failure. Get books, take classes, become your own foraging expert.
Old 04-02-2019, 04:55 PM
Camper

Lol ya I wouldn't touch any mushrooms out there unless I knew for sure what type they were. I would bring a biologist with me! Roland - corporate party photo booth
Old 06-14-2019, 08:49 PM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Better safe than sorry. I've heard too many bad mushroom stories.
Buddy - Fence Contractor