What activities do you enjoy when you're camping? - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Around the Campfire

What activities do you enjoy when you're camping?

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By barongan
  • 1 Post By Babstreefern

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2017, 09:52 AM
Administrator
Camper Type: Tent

Default What activities do you enjoy when you're camping?

What activities do you enjoy when you're camping?-paddling.jpg

What activities do you enjoy when you're camping?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2017, 02:10 PM
Camper

Wink

All activities of camping lots of fun but if i chose my campsite nearby Hill then most enjoyable part is firing in front of Tent, Hunting in Jungle,afraid of animals attacking, Hide-and-seek, Barbecue, Feel the weather of morning etc.
And if i chose my campsite nearby Sea then most enjoyable part is Swimming and fishing in the sea, Dive water bike, Build a sand castle, Barbecue etc.

I really think that you never forget those moments you spent for camping.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:37 PM
Camper

We love to just sit by the campfire and tell stories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2017, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Sitting by the campfire with a cup of coffee is heaven for me.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:21 PM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Sitting around the campfire and telling scary stories is kinda drill when you are camping with kids.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:49 AM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Playing Games, of course

These are my favourites: Top 11 Funny Camping Games for Adults | Blazing Campfire

You all should try the list right there, super fun
Old 08-05-2018, 04:07 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

Oh my gosh! Campfires! Roasting marshmallows, drinking coffee or alcohol. Playing games, mostly cards or dice games, beach if there's one. I like short hikes certain times a year. Years ago I used to enjoy bike riding and frisby, but haven't rode a bike in more years than I'd like to admit, and haven't really played frisby in a while either, still keep one in my car though. Badmitting, canoeing, but it's been forever since those too. Oh, and I enjoy just sitting and relaxing, maybe read a little sometimes. I just enjoy the outdoors, as long as weather is nice.

Last edited by Jonesycampgirl; 08-05-2018 at 04:12 AM..
Old 08-05-2018, 12:39 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Popup

On solo trips, I don't do much at all. I walk around a bit, but it's mostly about catching up on sleep, listening to music and playing with the fire. When I'm with "The Gang" it's a different story. First of all, I have to come up with the Gimmick du Jour - something MacGyvered or just plain weird. Next trip is probably going to be street signs along the entrance to the site. One Way Do Not Enter. Pedestrians and Motorized Vehicles Prohibited, etc. The music will be on all day and half the night. (The sites are far enough apart that we're not bothering anybody.) The alcohol won't stop flowing and there will always be someone cooking up something good. We'll play a lot of cornhole and what we call Full Contact Uno - meaning we cheat whenever and however we can to gang up on someone. If the site is big enough, we'll break out the Frisbee to play KanJam. And, with everybody bringing loads of wood, the fires will be huge. All in all, just a party in the woods.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:23 AM
Camper

looking at the blue sky
Jonesycampgirl likes this.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:06 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Stargazing on a clear night. Also, sitting outside in a chair, bare feet in the dew on the grass, just as the sun is coming up. You don't get this in a hotel
Jonesycampgirl likes this.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:50 AM
Camper

I went out a couple weeks ago for the first time in probably 15 yrs. Got camp setup, dinner done and cleaned. Then it was 9:30 and I was like........NOW WHAT? For a guy that wanted to just go out by himself in the woods........I was thinking it would be nice to at least have one person with you to swap stories and what not with. I don't particularly like reading, so that's tough. Plus with my anxiety every drop of water off a tree, or falling twig......I'm thinking it's a bear, Sasquatch, etc. So took a shot of bourbon and a xanax and went to be at 10 (1.5 hrs earlier than I normally do). But I did sleep in until almost 9 (granted it wasn't a solid nights sleep).

It's odd that I've basically lived in the country for 40 yrs of my 46 yrs on this earth and nature noise still get me.

So yeah, that's my question. What to do? I can find things to do during the day.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:29 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Popup

Is it possible that you've discovered that solo camping isn't your thing? On my solo trips, if I'm not catching up on sleep, I can spend a couple of hours playing with the fire, or watching a movie or two on my tablet. I also spend a good amount of time on every trip playing with the stuff I have with me and figuring out what changes I can make for the next outing.