Camping Cookware; experiences, preferences and ideas - Product Design Project - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Around the Campfire

Camping Cookware; experiences, preferences and ideas - Product Design Project

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2017, 08:14 AM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Default Camping Cookware; experiences, preferences and ideas - Product Design Project

Hi,
I'm currently conducting some research for a product design project in which I'm looking at camping cookware. Mainly small stoves and possibly included or integrated cookware. I do have a fair bit of camping experience, but need other people's input to begin developing the design.

At the moment, I'm just gauging what people like and dislike about stoves that are available, and taking any suggestions people may have.

I'm wondering what kind of camping people are into and what kind of stove you'd take for that, any brand names and models would be helpful, if available.

What kinds of fuel do you use, solid, liquid or gas? Why?

What problems have you had with stoves in the past?

What do you like about your current stove?

What kinds of food and drink do you make when camping, and does this cause any problems - time, fuel, difficulty?

Also, if there are any ideas that you might suggest to improve your current cookware, or anything that you'd like to note feel free to suggest.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2017, 03:56 PM
Camper

Hey, Adam..

Fire was my first stove when I started camping over 50 years ago... but, now I'm old and lazy... and wiser.

A stove must match and have the capabilities of the one you have at home.. a tall order for a camp stove. After using every type camping stove and oven, I discovered they don't make one to cook everything like the one at home..
so I fabricated one that would!

I tent camp and have a tent trailer that I use, which I also fabricated, so it's no problem to carry a little extra to make it more enjoyable...

The stove is all stainless steel and has 4 eyes, fired by propane. The oven when used sits on the left two eyes, it's doubled walled and will hit 350 degrees in a few minutes. Everything from a birthday cake to pizza... and cornbread and biscuits is standard!

Old 02-19-2017, 01:36 PM
Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number9 View Post
Hey, Adam..

Fire was my first stove when I started camping over 50 years ago... but, now I'm old and lazy... and wiser.

A stove must match and have the capabilities of the one you have at home.. a tall order for a camp stove. After using every type camping stove and oven, I discovered they don't make one to cook everything like the one at home..
so I fabricated one that would!

I tent camp and have a tent trailer that I use, which I also fabricated, so it's no problem to carry a little extra to make it more enjoyable...

The stove is all stainless steel and has 4 eyes, fired by propane. The oven when used sits on the left two eyes, it's doubled walled and will hit 350 degrees in a few minutes. Everything from a birthday cake to pizza... and cornbread and biscuits is standard!
Wow, caught me by surprise. Was expecting to see a few little gas or alcohol stoves, that's an impressive bit of kit. Looks like it covers all bases as well, stability, power, wind resitance etc.
Perhaps a little bigger and heavier than the stuff we're thinking about at the moment, but I think it's good to see either extreme of what people are willing to take.

Thanks for sharing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2017, 12:07 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

My husband likes the Coleman grill burner combo to cook for both of us. I use a Biolite stove when it is just me.