Totally Lost - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Around the Campfire

Totally Lost

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By artmart
  • 2 Post By calwb
  • 2 Post By calwb
  • 1 Post By annette

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2015, 07:37 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Default Totally Lost

I'm not sure this is the right place to do this,but like the title said I'm lost.A lot of you know my wife had a lot of surgery this year .Last week she had total right knee replacement and it went fine for three days,then she was taken to intensive care for a coughing problems and they discovered she had Barrett disease.and within a matter of hours I lost my wife of fifty three years. I have no idea what to do now,we went right from our parents home in to marriage and have never been on our own. Barretts is a disease that will cause the esophagus to diterate. When that happens there is nothing they can do. I would greatly appreciate your prayers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2015, 07:23 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: None

I am sorry for your loss. Praying for peace and healing for your soul.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:02 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Tent

I'm so sorry about your loss. I know you will miss her, you two were together a long time. Stay busy if you can. I will keep you in my prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2015, 03:28 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

Thanks for the prayers,I know that I have some time till next season but I am not sure that I want to continue camping without her. I do know that I wont decide anything till the season gets here.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:09 PM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: 5th Wheel

How truly sad. My deepest sympathies. My wife and I have been married for over 40 years and neither of us are looking forward to the inevitable and possible separation from either of us departing first. I am choked up for you. Give yourself some time since the shock of the loss is very tough to overcome. seek companionship, maybe at a church (if never gone, nothing wrong with starting now) or other positive gathering place. This will take time and we pray that you will learn to endure. I can't say you can ever get over it, but it's something you'll have to learn to cope. Deep down I believe your deerly departed wife would hope you find a way to continue on.

Prayers to you.

calwb likes this.

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Tent & Backpack with all the gear
Old 12-18-2015, 04:51 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

To artmart: thanks for the reply and prayers. I know it is going to be rough for awhile.My wife
and I have been involved in church for over fifty years and my church family is what is keeping me going.As for camping my kids dont want me going alone since my health is not to good,but two of them camp so them want me to go with them. I will give that some thought.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:39 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

Wow, so sad to hear this. My heart, and prayers, go out to you. I was diagnosed with Barrett's esophagus in 1997 and am still carrying it.
Now....Being a pastor and reading that you have been involved in church for many years, I'm going to ask you something. Had you passed, and left your wife behind....would you want her to stop living and sit and mope for you all day? Or would you want her to live out the rest of her days enjoying her life? I think you would want her to enjoy her life. And that does not mean that you forget her.....on the contrary. You remember her and regret that she isn't there with you, but you continue on.
I think she would probably tell you to go ahead and go camping. And enjoy yourself. And think about her while you are enjoying yourself. Time spent having fun makes the day seem far shorter than sitting around being miserable. And regardless of your health, if you were both walking the walk, its just a blip on the radar screen before you will be together again anyway. So why not enjoy the days til you go to meet her, and make the most of her memory.....you gotta have something to tell her about when you see her.
May God Bless, my friend.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:09 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

Thank you so much for the kind words,l won't make any decision until this spring and when I do I know it will be mine to make not the kids.Just trying to get through each day right now.
Cricket and Greywuff like this.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:41 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

Well I've started making some changes ,I got rid of my truck and her car and bought a Jeep Patriot. Selling the travel trailer and I'm looking for a small class C for me and my dog, if I can find what I want I will do some weekend trips and fishing to see how that works. I know that I've got to keep busy. I will post once in awhile to let everyone know how things are going. Still needing prayers, thanks everyone. Caleb.
Old 04-09-2016, 10:01 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

Hello everyone I know that I have not posted for awhile,been trying to decide what to do. I have tried selling the travel trailer and everyone wants me to just give it to them,I wont do that. I think I am going to find another truck,I think that is what my wife would want, so maybe I will be back on here a little more. Till then happy camping everyone. calwb.
old_guy_camping and Greywuff like this.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:50 PM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Just read this for the first time - very sorry for your loss, and yes when you lose a spouse you are lost for awhile. Or until you learn to live with it. Took me 10 years, and now taking care of elderly parents. But Camping must go on . The only time I can literally leave my cares behind and truly veg out.
Kokomo? I have a dear friend in Florida that is from Kokomo ! Small world.
calwb likes this.
Old 05-08-2016, 02:10 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

annette it could be even smaller depending on where in Florida. I have a cousin that lives down there.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:25 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

I bought another tv and Im getting the camper ready for my first trip alone,I am sure it will be rough the first time without my wife but life must go on that is what she would want.