Alcohol and camping - Page 3 - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Around the Campfire

Alcohol and camping

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Camper
Camper Type: None

FOr family camping i donīt mind the ban, but with friends its an aspect which sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: 5th Wheel

Then I recommend Hermenn MO nice full hookup campground shaded right in the city park. There 7 winery's and many bars right there really nice place to tie one on
Old 07-26-2011, 04:11 PM
Camping Guru

It works until you lose the "fob". This will happen when you change your pants because you drank too much from drinking too many beers that you were able to locate and you're too drunk to remember what you did with your pants.

If you need one of these, you might be some of the reason some places are prohibiting liquor...

Actually that's clever and doesn't have to be used for just beer. A little much for backpacking but tailgate camping, oh yeah.

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Tent & Backpack with all the gear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

i have a idea,put a beeper on your fob,so you will neaver loose your pants.LOL,
Old 08-02-2011, 12:38 AM
Camping Guru

If you lose your pants, you're probably too drunk and don't need any more booze. If you lost them playing cards after drinking too much, well you deserve it.

If you can lose your Fob, then you're probably gonna lose whatever activates your beeper. I suppose whatever happens is well deserved. LOL

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Old 09-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Tent

Most of the campsites I go to ban alcohol, but I'm pretty much okay with it when I camp alone. When camping with friends, we usually only bring a few. It keeps us from having that nasty hangover the next day which can be really a pain especially when we go out rafting.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Camping Guru

Wow, CTfortner, this poster ain't gonna learn either. STOP the SPAMMING. The only thing you've done is made sure I NEVER visit that site. I don't like ads where I don't want them. In a private forum with people that like to share information, it should not include where you work or pays you!

Why don't you go to Amway websites and crap like that. I have had many former friends who became Amway dealers and even though they promised they wouldn't force it on me, every visit with them forced me to become their customer and another friendship was lost. They don't even know they started doing this.

jpfree, you are treating me as a (potential) customer, not a forum contributor. Anything you post now will be tainted with the stench as a greedy vendor and no longer a peer.

There is a big difference in spamming your website or product, than answering a specific question with a specific problem/product as a link. I have done the latter and will never do the former. Take the advice or CTFortner will continue to clean your posts, because I can think of many better food munchies with my drink, than what you suggest!

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Old 09-30-2011, 07:05 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

Cold weather camping REQUIRES a 1/2 pint of Blackberry Brandy! (OR Ginger Brandy)I don't sit around drinking it in the open, or continuously, but a discreet little "nip" here and there is a great cure for the "bbbrrrr's"

Hot weather camping - have a beer if you want, but for me an ice cold can of Coke from under the ice in the bottom of a cooler tastes better than any beer ever brewed. Then I'll sit around enjoying a cold brew - but the real thrill is that first Cooke.

Gus

Gus
"Of course I trust my political representatives ... just not with my liberties or my wallet" :Camping with Gus

Last edited by Gus; 09-30-2011 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: ADDED COMMENT
Old 09-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Camping Guru

Funny you should mention that Gus. My brother-in-law is a recently retired law enforcement officer from Alaska who had plenty of stories of people who tried to keep themselves warm from the arctic cold only that it impaired them so much that when they felt warm they didn't realize they were actually freezing to death and did. Booze and cold really don't mix, so don't overindulge and use a blanket, jacket or heater to warm you up, not liquor.

And in the heat since the affects of liquor can raise your body temperature, why drink alcohol when a non-alcoholic cold refreshment will probably keep you cooler? I've been around drinkers on a hot day and to cool off, they consume more alcohol to try to cool off. It's NO FUN hanging around a stinky, sweaty, slurring drunk on a hot day, knowing the only one who's gonna remember the misery is the sober one (me).

I am expecting your message is to keep things very mature, responsible and casual when indulging in liquor. When you get to the point where the liquor and its affects are more important, then STOP! Unfortunately, the first things to go with liquor are maturity, responsibility and keeping it casual.

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Old 09-30-2011, 06:36 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

@Artmart - All very valid common sense points. But just so the direction of my comment is understood:

I did say a 1/2 pint - pretty small bottle for someone intending to get drunk - or to rely on if , as you say, they are foolish enough to think it is actually warming their body. - and I also said, "little "nip" here and there is a great cure for the "bbbrrrr's", ...and it is!

You will notice I'm also in agreement with you regarding hot weather drinks - "but for me an ice cold can of Coke from under the ice in the bottom of a cooler tastes better than any beer ever brewed"

So you can see why I understand your points to be valid. Fortunately, (for me), I seldom have to bear being around "a stinky, sweaty, slurring drunk on a hot day", -most of my camping buddies understand moderation, and the negative affects of alcohol over-indulgence. Most us still enjoy a cold beer on occasion though.

Gus
"Of course I trust my political representatives ... just not with my liberties or my wallet" :Camping with Gus

Last edited by Gus; 09-30-2011 at 06:42 PM..
Old 09-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Camping Guru

Sounds good, you bring the brandy and snifters and I'll bring the Coke in glass bottles and made with Cane Sugar! If we stay away from the mountain snow in the winter and the desert heat in the summer, we'll have a great time!

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Old 10-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

uhh... thanks for the thought, but....

If the brandy is in snifters - then I need to be sitting comfortably in a civilized room, appreciating the after glow of a good steak or seafood dinner ( or both)

... and Coke is good in most forms, but for me the best is the first sip from a freshly tabbed ice cold can.

Gus
Old 10-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Addicted Camper

i'll sit around with the "stinky, sweaty, slurring drunks" as long as i'm one of'em, but most importantly when camping (and the rest of the time), i want to enjoy myself without bothering anyone else. that's the key to most everything, if my freedoms bother others (not just the fact that i'm doing something they don't appove of) then i might not should be doing it but other then that, i'm grown and that's that.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Default Do not drink and camp when having a fire

I do understand that camping only makes real fun when having some beers to drink. Still I would like to recommend: Do not drink when you're having a fire. I heard from friends of mine, that your tent would easily catch fire only from sparks flying around. Your tent's sort of material is absolutely underestimated in terms of catching fire! And you won't be able to extinguish it!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

@bobrussell - I like your perspective.

Gus