Need a dinette - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Around the Campfire

Need a dinette

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jonesycampgirl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2019, 06:31 AM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Default Need a dinette

I am purchasing a 2002 RVision this Saturday. The Dinette has been removed and replaced with a black futon from Walmart. I want to go back to a dinette. Is there any suggestions where to get a good deal? I have seen them online for 1000 bucks but would like to spend about half that. I could build one and buy cousions but I have too much going on. Below is a pic of what the factory one looked like.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2019, 08:13 PM
Addicted Camper
Camper Type: None

If you don't or can't make one yourself, you pretty much have two options. You either have to somehow find someone parting out a camper that just happens to have the same size dinette (Lots of luck with that!) or you're pretty much stuck with going to the manufacturer or an RV supplier (who will more than likely have to go to the manufacturer) and shelling out the big bucks. Specialty items like that don't exist in places like Walmart, Ikea or the neighborhood furniture store.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:37 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Tent

I don't know anyone that can help you. Macgyver Gives you the solution and I think it is the best one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2019, 07:44 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Tent

I'm assuming you have this camper by now. If you're still looking for options, I have an "outside the box" suggestion. This may or may not be suitable for your needs' but I'm just putting it out there.

If you can't find or build a dinette, you could take measurements of the space and search for pieces that you can fit in a dinette style fashion. S/A: dining benches (or other such sitting benches), storage ottomans, or even folding chairs could be used for seating, and a free standing, folding table. Of course, this setup would not allow for breakdown into a bed, unless you find a way to make some custom alterations that may be a little less work than build from scratch.
MacGyver likes this.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:04 PM
Camper

Subscribed to this one