RIP - to the fallen - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Around the Campfire

RIP - to the fallen

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2018, 09:39 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Default RIP - to the fallen

You call it Veterans Day, we call it Armistice Day. 11 November 1918, 100 years ago today, all hostilities ceased, the end of World War 1. Casualties, millions. My husband lost his Uncle David (The Royal Artillery), buried in the Commonwealth War Cemetery in Erquinghem-Lys, Armentieres in France, killed on 22 April 1915. My Grandad (Army) survived WW1 with a shrapnel wound to his neck and my dad (Royal Navy) survived WW2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2019, 07:18 AM
Camper
Camper Type: Tent

Hi. We have Memorial Day coming up the end of the month to remember our fallen. Everyone gave some but that day is for those that gave all. Salute you for taking time to remember them.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:26 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Thank you Paco. The same goes to your country and the fallen. I always have time for the heroes. When coming to the end of our holidays, usually end of June/start of July, we would have the last 3/4 days in northern France, to visit David's grave and also visit other places as well. Visited Omaha Beach cemetery when visiting the Normandy landings area. Very sad.