My New Hella Cool Trick Rv Ladder & Ladder Safety Hacks. - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Around the Campfire

My New Hella Cool Trick Rv Ladder & Ladder Safety Hacks.

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By OURv
  • 1 Post By MacGyver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2018, 10:58 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Motorhome

Default My New Hella Cool Trick Rv Ladder & Ladder Safety Hacks.

I found the coolest trick ladder for my Rv !

Mr & Mrs Ourv
Retired in Paradise, aka California’s North Coast
2015 Winnebago Vista 31KE
2012 Jeep Wrangler JK 4 door in raspberry

Visit us on [email protected]
MacGyver likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2018, 02:43 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Popup

I know a lot of home inspectors and exterminators (myself included) who love those ladders. As soon as I saw one, I knew I'd have to have one in my camper (whenever that might happen).
Old 10-23-2018, 08:41 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Not too bad, but there's a couple of things that I'm not too sure about. Firstly, if you want it only as a smaller ladder, you've got a long bottom step, and secondly, I noticed that the chap didn't climb right to the top. Sounds a bit flimsy to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2018, 11:31 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Popup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babstreefern View Post
Not too bad, but there's a couple of things that I'm not too sure about. Firstly, if you want it only as a smaller ladder, you've got a long bottom step, and secondly, I noticed that the chap didn't climb right to the top. Sounds a bit flimsy to me.
You're right about the long bottom step if you don't extend them all the way, but they do come in different sizes. The shorter ladders minimize that issue. And no, they aren't as rugged as the kind you'd find on construction sites. But for occasional use, like inspections and climbing up on RVs, they're a blessing. Home inspectors especially seem to like them because they no longer have to drive a truck only because they couldn't put an extension ladder on the roof of their car. A 15 foot ladder in the trunk is a beautiful thing!
As far as climbing up to the top - NO ladder is meant to be climbed on to the top. I can't recall the actual specification at the moment, but I do know ladder sizes are rated to how far the average person can reach from the last safe step, usually a couple of rungs from the top. I always laugh when I read reviews on Amazon when people complain about their 15 foot ladder not being 15 feet long.
Babstreefern likes this.