Back to Camping...Yippeee - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Welcome To Camper Community Forums

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Back to Camping...Yippeee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Thumbs up Back to Camping...Yippeee

We're the Specht Family, and we're back to camping after 17 years! We camped for all of the years from 1972 - 1991, especially when the "kids" were growing up. Started out in a canvas tent, moved up to nylons & domes, then on to pop-ups, then up to an older trailer that we re-furbished. Stopped camping after the youngest left the nest and we started riding Harleys instead! Anyway, I've said many times over the years that I missed camping. We now have 7 grandchildren, one of them being an 11 year girl that has lived with us for many years now. She loves fishing, the outdoors, etc., so we started looking for a camper. All of the ones we found for what I wanted to spend were either too big, too small, or needed too much fixing up. Just a week ago on Sun. 6/07 my husband saw one with a sign on it. We researched the type/brand overnight and then thought something must be wrong with it because it was priced at less than 1/2 the bluebook value - but we decided to keep our appt. to look at it (we were the first to call to see it). We looked, we liked, we bought it on the spot. The family's only child is just way into all sports right now, and they have not used it for 2 years so decided to sell it. They included all of their "gear" as well. So, we bought our Keystone Cabana hybrid trailer/pop out beds camper on Monday, 6/8 and were camping in a state park by Friday 6/12. So we're back! I found your site online yesterday and decided to join up. I've been enjoying some of your blogs and reading the recipes as well. BTW, anyone out there have a recipe for a big batch of Kettle Corn like that sold at midwest street fairs, etc. ??? And yes, we're still riding the Harley as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Welcome to the forum. Sounds exciting. We have a hybrid as well and we really love it.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:04 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Welcome to camper community! Congrats on the unit!

Old 06-16-2009, 12:24 PM
_

Welcome aboard

Do notice my signature

Does this look familiar -
Old 06-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Camper

Yes, the pic is great! Ours is the same year, but we have the 17'+ model, which is just right for the 3 of us. Tessa, our boxer, is going to get to come soon, and since she thinks she is human that will make 4. I had to respond because of the coincidence that your name is Jon Nelson. Although our last name is Specht our only son's name is John-Nelson. It's great to meet your family. The seller of our trailer did not have any of the manuals that go with it. We contacted the company only to find out they don't have anything that we can get from them...nothing! Hopefully we won't run into any problems, but if so, I hope we could ask you for advice. Did anything come of the threads about making a sticker or logo to help identify site members in campgrounds? Sincerely...Gail
Old 06-16-2009, 08:00 PM
_

Yeah, Keystone won't even admit that they made the Cabana - and even when they did, I've never been impressed with their knowledge. If you need any of the manuals, let me know.