Becoming Fulltime RVr - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Welcome To Camper Community Forums

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Becoming Fulltime RVr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Location: currently: Lake Charles, Louisiana but moving to Gainesville, Florida in the fall.
Default Becoming Fulltime RVr

Hi everyone, I am new to the site but wanted to tell a little about myself. I am a 40 year old single woman who is embarking on a new path in my life. I have raised two incredible kids who are now adults, with my oldest making me a grandma this past Dec. I have been a nurse for 14 years and I am in the process of making preparations to live in my 26ft. travel trailer while I advance my education and become a Midwife. I will be moving to Gainesville, Florida and I am very excited about this new life I have ahead of me. I am not knew to camping, I grew up tent camping every summer with my family on extended camping trips all over this great country. However, I am new to travel trailers. I have taken my "new" travel trailer out twice for weekend excursion and getting use to all the bells and whistles it has. I purchased it from my parents who wanted to move up to a 5th Wheel. I need a lot of help and advice from all of you who have been fulltime RV living. I am looking for a place I will be able to place my TT in so I can live in it in Gainesville. I have never been to that part of Florida so I don't know much about it. I also would love any advice you may have about fulltime living so I can hopefully avoid some pitfalls or problems you have experienced. While I don't mind learning from mistakes, I would like to learn from others mistakes if possible. I will be living in my TT for 3 years fulltime. The main reason I chose to live in a TT is because of the cost and also during Hurricane Season if need be I can pick up my house and go. (I am from Louisiana and have had my share of hurricanes lol
So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Camping Fanatic

Hello welcome to the forums. I think its great you are becoming a full timer, that should be a wonderful experience. I myself am not a fulltimer, so I cannot offer much advice on that. Sounds like you have seen a done a lot in life and this should be one more adventure you will always remember. Good luck!

Ford Mainline
Old 02-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Primitive

Hello and welcome to the community

Old 02-14-2009, 07:51 AM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Welcome ... from a new RV'r also..

Stephen
Old 02-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

I was a full-timer for 4 of the best years of my life and wouldn't trade the experiences, good and bad, for anything in the world. I was fortunate that the places I chose to live while full-timing had many other full-timers that were always more than glad to give assistance and advice. Campers are the best people in the world.
I am certain that you will enjoy the experience and maybe not want to live any other way once you get accustomed to the challenges of the lifestyle. Good luck, and if you have questions or concerns, we're all here to help you out.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:19 AM
Camper

I am trying to get a workamper position in Alachua, FL. Much better winter weather than Kentucky
Old 05-17-2009, 07:17 AM
Camping Guru

Well said Mark. And I especially have to agree with you that campers are some of the best people in the world. I myself never have been a full timer but I to want to welcome you to the forum.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:35 PM
Camper

welcome and hello
Old 05-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

The blessed day is almost here !!! I am almost full-timing again ! will be purchasing a used 5th wheel that is in pretty good shape, the inside needs some t.l.c. but overall a good deal. I plan on being moved in the weekend after memorial day with all the comforts of home in a self-contained slice of heaven ! For now I will be in a campground near my present job, but the road is calling. A tempting workamper job anywhere but here would have me wheels up in no time
Old 05-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

welcome to the forum !!!!!!! once you get past the first year, you will find so many wonderful benefits to fulltiming other than your primary reasons. I've known many people who never made it past the first 6 months or so. If you are a positive minded person, and can look at any situation and find something good in it, you'll be fine. the people I've known who couldn't last as a full-timer have all had the same complaints, not enough room for my stuff, I get bored, and my personal favorite, I miss my "normal life". To me, full-timing is normal, and I really don't want it any other way. Hang in there, embrace every challenge, because it makes you stronger, and remember, we're all here for you, because that's what makes campers a community, our friendliness and willingness to help someone that most "normal" people would look at as a stranger and ignore.