Camper Community Forums banner

Newbie from Maricopa AZ

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  kiteri 
#1 ·
Hi there

I will be purchasing a RV soon and heading out with the family (5) and 5 chihuahuas. I recently started homeschooling my 3 kids so I figured what the hey lets travel. I am kinda jumping into this so any helpful hints for a first timer please feel free.

#5 ·
Buying an RV

Welcome to the forum cdserna. If this is your first RV, here are a few things to help consider before buying.

I would recommend that a first time buyer buy used/second hand. RVs will depreciate a lot in the first few years just like an automobile.

Spend a lot of time investigating models and floorplans. I think this will be extremely important in your situation with 5 people and 5 chihuahuas. You are going to need space to move around when your all in there at once, as well as sleeping arrangements, storage, etc...

When you find the RV you like, ask the seller to show you how everything work. Make sure the fridge, stove, awning, toilets, water pump and other things work. They may not be able to demonstrate the AC, it requires more amperage than most will have plugged into at home.

Good luck, keep us updated on what you get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.