The Bedford Creek Gang!! - Page 7 - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Welcome To Camper Community Forums

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

The Bedford Creek Gang!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Default 1st Annual BCG Winter Dinner

Hey everyone; Rusty here.
I think Mary Beth's idea is a good one. What do you all think about getting together sometime for dinner and a few cocktails?
Sharon & Rusty have mentioned coming up for a weekend; Nancy is restless; Mary Beth & Larry are home in February from the sounds of it....I'm sure John & Laurie (sp) Scwander are game; they could throw out a call to Al & Tracy and other couples....We could reach out to the Sanfords....David could contact Gary and his latest companion. This could become an annual tradition!

February will be the dead of Winter with more cold and snow in the works before the up and coming pleasures of sitting around the fire at camp.

If you out of towners need to spend the night and camp is too cold we have an extra room and kid's room; or we could hook up somewhere between here and there more convenient to all.

Robin and I miss everyone and it would be nice to throw a few back over a meal sharing stories of past, holidays, along with up and coming plans for this year at camp.

Chime in and let's see what we can come up with. If we do, great; if not at least we can say we tried....Thanks for reading my first post without picking on Boston at least once (it was hard to do).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2009, 04:46 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: None

Hey Rusty,
So far John S. Emo and Al are a go for this! Thanks for being so nice and not bashing us Boston folk, but I am sure it was a one time deal.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:57 AM
Camper

Default winter blues

spoke to marybeth and larry, last weekend in feb. or 1st in march would work them. As far as nancy and I we are flexible. An overnight could work if we have enough notice so we could be flexible on location too. Sounds like we have some good interest, If we could set the date we could get some solid commitment. what is everyones calendar look like?

Old 02-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

Rusty and I have 2 extra bedrooms one with double bed and other a kids captain bed,we have a roll away bed,a couch and a big air mattress.So we have plenty of room.if anyone wanted to stay here,Bring danelle and ryan!....when is winter break for school?.. Our camper friends are more than welcomed to stay.
We are pretty flexable. Take Care!
Old 02-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

Rusty & Sharon: being you are the farthest away, let's start with you...You two are most important for attendance; otherwise we all will have to pick on each other. It's alot more fun picking on Rusty!
I'm assuming a Saturday will work best for eveyone? We can re-schedule racing to a Friday night so Robin and I can do this. We just need to give all the drivers a couple weeks advance notice.
Throw out a day that works for you later this month or early March. It looks like February 28, March 7....Pick one.
Or, pipe in and say if Friday night can work and when.

I'm thinking once we know number of attendees to make reservations at Art's Jug, Barrack's Inn, Sboros Rest. or some nicer restuarant with a bar. I think we should go with a smaller quaint environment instead of the busy Texas Roadhouse, Red Lobster, etc. type. Besides that; we have some gift certificates we need to use up!

Please reply!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:15 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

Hey All,

Either weekend works for us! I like the idea of a small place. We plan to come up early Saturday morning and stop by the trailer to check it, and then free the afternoon and evening. Set the date and we will be there. I guess I should break out my Tux for this occassion.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:56 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

Yes wear your tux Rusty.We will put some skates on you and you can get drunk and waddle on the ice at Bedford Creek. Bob and Jerry will think they have a pet penguin!..LMAO! Robin
Old 02-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

But I wear my thong when I wear my Tux....You wise _ _ _
Old 02-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

Thumbs up Date Set: March 7th

Ok; March 7th it will be. We can all get together at a watering hole then go on to dinner or have it all in one place. I don't have a problem setting something up but want to do what the majority of people desire. We can disccuss this; in the meantime lets get a head count:

Rusty & Robin and Rusty & Sharon are a go...
Others need to check in: David & Nancy (kids?); Mary Beth & Larry; anyone else viewing the site?

Rusty: can you reach out to the others you mentioned above and confirm attendance?

David: do you have ability to contact Gary? Let's make sure we give him an invite. I do not know how to reach him. If you don't have contact info I can contact the Sanfords...let me know.

Who else other than the Sanfords does everyone feel we should reach out to? We don't want to offend anyone by not inviting...Anyone have any suggestions where we stop? I think we have quite a nice group with everyone mentioned above (approx. 20) and want everyone to feel free to invite whoever they wish. Mary Beth or anyone: any suggestions where we cut this off? Do you agree with above? Please let it be known.

By the way Rusty: No thongs allowed I'm gonna have nightmares now!
Old 02-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Camper

Default Hi Guys

Dave/Nancy,

"Gary and his latest companion" ........I'm still waiting for the promised nurse friend from last year!
Old 02-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

Good news and bad news....

Bad News first: I called Mary Lou Stanford then called Tammy and extended invitation to them. Tammy checked their schedule and March 5-7 is the large RV/Campground show in Syracuse. They will be there Friday-Sunday and unable to attend our event. They expressed their thanks for the invitation and wish all of us to have a good time. I told them we would take pictures and share any stories with them at camp in May.

Good News: I reached Gary by phone. I also worked with him navigating to this site. He now knows how to get here and will more than likely be checking in and offering some banter with the rest of us. He is in and will be attending the dinner.

So, after Rusty's email of earlier today this is list of attendees as of now:
Rusty & Robin
Rusty & Sharon
Gary & Guest
John & Laura Schwander
Emo and Luann Hunt
Tracey & Fred
CJ & Karen

We need confirmation from:
Al & Tracey
David & Nancy
MaryBeth & Larry
Others??

Looks like the makings of a good time! Around 20 potential attendees right now.

C'mon David, Nancy, Mary Beth...time for you to check in.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Camper

Default "Gary is MIA...I am sure we can guess what he may be up to"

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is well and getting ready for spring. After talking to Rusty tonight I decide to read all the posts. Great site and idea, thanks Robin.

Winter get together sounds great I'm in!

I enjoyed reading the banter back and forth all winter and want to say howdy to Gasman and Sharon, Greener and family, rustyandrobin and Mary-beth and Larry.

I'm no longer MIA, and glad to see you guys are still concerned with my love life. I've got a few more great dating stories for all your amusement! Now we just need beers and a campfire.

See you guys soon!

Gooey

Old 02-05-2009, 07:17 AM
Camper

Default checking in....

Great to hear from ya gooey you can count Nancy and I in, not sure about the chicklitts yet We are thinking a solo night might be great idea. Still trying to tb with mom and larry (galavanting around the country)but last i spoke that date would be fine. looks like a great turnout!
Old 02-05-2009, 07:20 AM
Camper

do we have a place in mind yet? any suggestions?
Old 02-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

Default Bedford Creek Visit 2/6/09

Hello kids!
I stopped down to the site today on way home from H20 town and took the shots below.
Nice Sunset on the creek, eh? If you look real hard you can see the "gasman" sign still standing on the dock. Think I will freshen it up a little before the 7th when you arrive.
Also, took a pic of the Carter's Jayco. You better bring a shovel! Lots of snow down there.
Thought a couple pix would make everyone miss it a little more.

Now that we seem to have an idea on number of attendees I will poke around for a destination. Does anybody have any preferences? Watertown; Sackets; there are quite a few places. Possibly look into a place where we could have our own little room/private area? I will go on the idea of a place that has a bar expecting our arrivals say 3pm-5pm. How about dinner at 5pm (we all will need some food in bellies by then to soak up our over indulgence). Then we can hang out til whenever.
If that sounds good, turn me loose and I will confer with Master Schwander and report back with our findings.
Chime in and be heard!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Bedford Creek Gang!!-img00041.jpg  

The Bedford Creek Gang!!-img00042.jpg