Hi from Alabama! - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Welcome To Camper Community Forums

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Hi from Alabama!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Smile Hi from Alabama!

Hi, I'm new to this site really just hoping to learn something. My husband and I bought a pop up camper this summer and are having a blast with it. This weekend we are taking it to Tuscaloosa Al, and going to go see the Alabama game. One question I have is about our direct T.V. Ok so we had direct T.V. and recently switched to cable. Now we have decided to switch back. We have an extra reciever and also the dish thats on the house will come down and be replaced with a HD disk. My question is can we use the dish we have and one of the recievers we have and just take an active card out of one of our home recievers when we camp? How hard is it? We have lots to learn! We look forward to many many years of camping!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Camping Fanatic
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Welcome

I think Alabama will "roll tide" this weekend. Not quite the same, but we are going to the memphis/rice game. I support the Tigers, regardless of their football skills, we all know about their basketball

Ford Mainline
Old 09-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: 5th Wheel

Welcome to the best camping forum on the net!

I don't know much about the satellite issue, as we haven't had any luck with ours yet, but happy camping and hope Bama wins!

ctfortner, my uncle is a die hard Memphis fan. It doesn't matter what sport, he just loves them. He has been collecting memorabilia for over 25 years.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Welcome to the site. As for the sat. situation, I believe the cards are made and designed to work in the reciever that they are in. I don't think you can switch them. Can you not just re-activate the old reciever? The dish should work with no problems as long as it's pointed to the right sat.