California camper, new to the site - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Welcome To Camper Community Forums

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

California camper, new to the site

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Camper

Default California camper, new to the site

My name is Brian, I am 37 years old have a wife and two boys (18 years & 7 years of age). I call Bakersfield Ca. home and enjoy using it for what its good for, a hub. I enjoy camping and from where I live, I am roughly 2-6 hours to anywhere I want to be. Only an hour and 30 minutes from the Sequoias, 3 hours to Yosemite, and and hour from the beach. This is a great site and I have enjoyed getting some new ideas.
I am a tent camper, I am a firm believer in "better to have and not need than to need and not have." I get out for camping trips roughly 6 times a year. The beach is a pretty good place to camp although the sand and moisture do tend to make me appriciate the Sierras a bit more. The last few trips I've made have been to Santa Margarita (Central Coast) , Rock Creek (Eastern Sierras), and Balch Creek (Sequoias). I am an avid fisherman so where ever I go, the fishing poles are always packed and ready.
I am going to Camp Wishon this weekend and so looking forward to being in my element. Clean air, beautiful mountains and a nice little creek freshly stocked with some nice Rainbow Trout as well as some natural Brookies. I will definately post some pictures from the trip.
I just wanted to introduce myself, see if there is anyone else from California who might share some nice places to camp and wish you all great weather and fantastic camping experiences. Until the next time, bent poles and tight lines, Brian (Trout Hunter)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2008, 05:33 AM
Camping Fanatic
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Hello trouthunter, welcome to the site. Sounds like your in a prime location for some excellent camping. I can relate to the fishing, I never take a camping trip without the poles. I always find a fishing hole somewhere.

Ford Mainline
Old 05-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Camping Guru

Welcome to the site trouthunter. I would love to go camping down there. especially in the winter

Old 05-16-2008, 07:12 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

Hello and welcome. California camping is on my list to do someday as well, some beautiful places out there.