Camper Community Forums banner

Introduction of myself

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bailey1 
#1 ·
Hello to all ...My DH and I are from Texas Gulf Coast. We have 3 DD and 3 grandchildren and of course all of us have dogs.

We have a 25ft View Finder that I call "The View" our DD and her family that camp with us the most have a big Tent ( and yes it does have AC for summer heat> Sure makes sleeping better for them.

All of our DD & their families camp with us when they can one lives in AR.They have a Chalet(a frame type)Camper and tents for when they do boy Scout stuff.

We like to hike,ride bikes,Geo cash,and kayak and of course just camp to relax.
happy Camping to All.....luckylynn

#3 ·
DH....Dear Husband ;DW...Dear Wife ; DS....Dear Son ; DD....Dear Daughter. I think you can start to see the flow of family words now.

Some more you might see would TV....Tow Vehicle ; TT...Travel Trailer ;PUP...Pop Up camper ;Mod...Modification

I feel sure there are more,but these are the one I think you will see most often. Hope that will help you some.

Happy Camping....Luckylynn

#4 · (Edited)
Welcome Lucklynn! Seems that being from the Texas Gulf Coast where many campers and RVs want to go, you don't have to go too far to recreate!

However, that was put nicely... but more accurately the D is for Da (or "duh", or "the") as in Da Husband, Da Wife, Da Kids, Da Daughter, Da Son. I think luckylynn provided the female "cutesy" version... :)

Other acronyms are BIL (Brother-in-law) DIL (Daughter-in-law), GK or GC (Grand Kids/Children)

Here's some more real popular acronyms I've learned in the Forums I use:

FWIW (For what it's worth)
FYI (For your information)
IIRC (If I recall correctly)

There are bunches more and maybe this should be its own topic by itself where members can post the ones they run into wherever they go. I don't recommend listing all the tweet and text shortcuts because as far as I'm concerned these are bad grammar, bad typing, misspellings and negative stuff like that. I'm just talking about abbreviations (acronyms) for proper grammar, popular phrases and the like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.