Greetings from PA. - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Welcome To Camper Community Forums

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Greetings from PA.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: Tent

Default Greetings from PA.

Hi all! I am new to the board and looking to start some great camping memories with my kids this summer.

I hope your collective knowledge is something you all are willing to share!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Welcome kiteri
We have a lot of great people here with some great ideas and advice with lots of knowledge of camping. If you have any questions I'm sure someone here, if not all, will be able to help.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Camping Fanatic

Default Hello!

Welcome kiteri, so glad you found the community here. This is a great place to spend some time and share your experiences as well as talking to others about theirs.

Ford Mainline

Old 01-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Camping Guru

Default Welcome

Hows the weather up in PA? Colddddd I would imagine. What kind of camping do yall do? Tent, RV?
Old 01-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

Default Reply:

Welcome kiten. I congratulate you on joining this great community. I am sure you will get all information and answers here. Have a nice day.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Camping Guru

For this summer we will be tenting it, but I have my eyes out for a hybrid travel trailer... but my wallet keeps telling my eyes to stop looking! I know that as long as gas stays as expensive as it is, I will stick to tent camping.

It is a shame, because I always knew I wanted to get a camper and camp with the kids as soon as they got old enough, and then the gas prices happened... and I just don't think I am going to be able to afford that kind of investment in gas for every trip.

I live 5 minutes from Prince Gallitzin State Park, so I can ease the kids into it. They really have a super camp ground.... IF it ever gets warm! hehehehe Hard to imagine when it is so cold outside. (yes mailfire... PA winters can be down right frigid!)
Old 01-14-2008, 07:06 AM
Camping Fanatic

We can all relate to that kiteri, the gas prices have been a major topic of discussion. Fortunately it hasn't limited our camping too much, but it does limit (somewhat) how far we want to travel with our camper. We have several nice campgrounds within an hour and a half from us, so we just stick to those for now. That really doesnt put to much of a gas strain on us.

But, there is nothing wrong with tent camping either, nothing at all. Thats how I learned to camp as a youngster and I actually think its a great way for kids to start out.

Well, I know its cold up there, I have some family in PA. Too cold for me, I know that much

Ford Mainline

Last edited by ctfortner; 01-14-2008 at 08:43 AM..
Old 01-14-2008, 08:23 AM
Camping Extraordinaire

Welcome Kiten. I hope we can be of help and a source of entertainment!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

Default Howdy

Hello PA!
Old 01-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Addicted Camper
Camper Type: None

Send a message via MSN to grace

Welcome Kiteri ! I have driven through Pennsylvania a few times. It's such beautiful country. I drove during the winter and the semi's wouldn't share the road. The other problem was frozen highways. So how old are your children? I have 5 daughters age 24, 15, 13, 11, and 7. Most of them are happy to camp even in a tent. When you're raise comes along you can buy the upgrade. We live in Virginia, and it's a mild winter here.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Camping Guru

My son is 7 and my daughter is 5.

You are really lucky to get 5 girls and have them all enjoy camping so much. I only have one daughter, she is only five, and I am wondering how I am gonna pry her away from her "princess" accessories long enough to rough it in the woods.

If I keep waiting for that raise, I will never see a camper! hehe
Old 01-17-2008, 08:42 AM
Addicted Camper

If you want to talk about princess accessories, I can. My daughter, who is 7, loves her princess "Barbie" cash register. She got for Christmas. It scans the tiaras, necklaces, and purses. It has fake money and credit cards. The good part is that she learns how to count money.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Camping Extraordinaire

Our princess, age 5, just is a princess while she camps. We bring along a few princess accessories and she has fun. That cash register sounds great. We bought one, Hello Kitty, but it doesn't have that fancy of a set up. I see a trip to the store in my future...
Old 01-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Addicted Camper

They are all royalty when they are ours. The truth is that my husband bought the princess register. He told me all he looked at was the pink. He had no idea what was in it. What a great slip-up! I'd love to do that. He got hers last.