New home in the USA - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Welcome To Camper Community Forums

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

New home in the USA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 02:33 AM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Default New home in the USA

My name is Tomoko..I am from Japan. I moved here to the USA due to Earthquake-Tsunami and lost everything I own except for my family and dog. I am the first to move to, in my family and find permanent residency here in the United States. I am starting all over in my late 20's I know 30 is approaching soon..But I am very thankful to be employed as the economic situation of the US is very bad..

Aside from this, I enjoy camping and starting a new life...I live with Crohn's disease. and learning to live with it. I do not know what else to say..talk soon.

-tomo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Camper

Welcome Tomoko! How blessed you are to still have your family and health. Hope you learn some good stuff from the forum!
Old 08-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Camper

Well my health is making it hard to live day-to-day..i must consume twice that of caloric intake than average american! because of my Crohn's disease. it is an auto-immune disorder.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Camper

There is not one day that goes by when I remember seeing the larges waves approach my house..I knew it was too late..first thing I do is grab my dog and go to rooftop of my apartment building and it still washed us away...I still have nightmares
Old 08-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Camper

I'm trying to get a dispatcher job at local dispatch/law enforcement office for testing..so far I have passed 89% all I have to do is pass verbal exam and if I pass that I go onto further interviewing and possible job offer!
Old 08-02-2011, 12:26 AM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: 5th Wheel

Well, if it includes anything having to do with recreation, camping, RVing and those kinds of things, then you've come to the right place.

So sorry to hear of the recent events but we wish you, your family and all your friends that they can get past this. Good luck with your job. If you can get one don't feel bad about it. You deserve some good things in your life right now. The rest of us will seek our good things too.

Best of luck, welcome to the U.S.A. and we hope you enjoy your visits to this forum.

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Tent & Backpack with all the gear
Old 08-02-2011, 07:27 AM
Camper

My parents are coming the 3rd week in August! Dad has an interview with a company and mom will continue to teach. I can't wait I have not seen them in 3 months
Old 08-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: 5th Wheel

If they speak and write English the way you do, then they shouldn't have any trouble. Best wishes for them as well.

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Tent & Backpack with all the gear
Old 08-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Camper

My mom and dad both arrived this afternoon and can't wait to go camping in a few weeks with them. They are going to rent an RV and I will tow my friends 5th wheel.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Camper

Dad used to work at Honda Motorcycle dealership and he may be offered job title as co-owner/vice president of large motorcycle and ATV chain of dealers