hello im new here.. new divorcee!!! - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Welcome To Camper Community Forums

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

hello im new here.. new divorcee!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 07:23 AM
Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Default hello im new here.. new divorcee!!!

hello im now in a camper!!! i love it!!!! my question here today is why are my floors feels damp.... i have a small window unit.... a 110... i try not to keep it so cool in here... my pup gets cold easy... thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2011, 07:37 AM
_
Camper Type: None

Welcome

If they only get damp when the A/C is on, there are two possibilities - condensation from the cold air, or the drip pan is leaking inside.

We were in the mountains last week without any hookups, and the weather was perfect - no A/C needed.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Default thank you...

wish i was in the mountains.... here in north fla.... its really hot and muggy... being a woman... im finding out the lil tricks to camper life!!but i love it!!! i dont only have to take one turn and my whole entire kitchen is accessable!!!! i love it!!!!
im planning on moving futher down to the new port richey area.... i hope the gulf breeze at least helps with the damp floor issue maybe it is the ac conden...thats why i joined this forum... alot of real nice folks in campers or who owns one.....
thanks friend.. have a safe and wonderful 4th of july!!!!!

Old 07-04-2011, 10:09 AM
_
Camper Type: None

We were in Florida back in April - Mike Roess Gold Head State Park. It was hot then.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: 5th Wheel

You need to look how the unit is draining. In its normal function, the process of "conditioning the air" is that moisture is removed, but it has to go somewhere. Most A/C system will have a drain for this purpose. The more humid the area, the more the moisture is collected.

Look inside the air conditioner to spot where this water is going? Since you have a small air space and you mention it's gets too cold, then check the settings. If you have it set too cold it will remove a lot of water. If the A/C doesn't have a setting then it could be too big for the air space in your camper. Some air conditioners only have a pan that collects water and depends on evaporation to remove it and if it is generating too much water it doesn't evaporate quick enough and it will overflow. To prevent this problem the preferred method is to have a drain (to the outside) and this might be broken, disconnected or clogged with debris which might also cause the water to overflow into the camper.

Maybe the moisture is from something else, like leaky plumbing, or a loose plumbing connection, or condensation and the like. Whatever it is, you MUST find it and fix it and learn how to eliminate it. Moisture in a rig is bad and possibly dangerous if allowed to collect and fester. Besides causing rot in pourous surfaces (wood, carpet, etc.) it will also cause mold! And in small enclosure you don't want this!

Good luck with this and I hope you post what you find. This can help others if they have a similar problem and especially if you have a solution.

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Tent & Backpack with all the gear