HI guys ive been away for a while - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Welcome To Camper Community Forums

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

HI guys ive been away for a while

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: 5th Wheel

Default HI guys ive been away for a while

just wanted to say hi to every one I have been away for awhile. Lots of new things with my wife and I new slightly used F-250 diesel and new 5th wheel camper 2010 Cougar 27ft. Just camped last weekend our first time in it and loved it this weekend going to new camp ground in MO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Camping Guru

LOL.... a slightly used diesel is just getting broken in! The more you use it the better it gets, or so say the experts - barring problems.

Congrats on the new rig! I have a 38' Monty and an F250 (upgraded to an F-350). My slighty used truck has 62,000 mi and is still going strong. I use it for trailering, truck bed tenting, tailgate camping, traveling across country and for getting me to the trailheads for backpacking. Amongst my circle of friends, it is lovingly called "The beast" and they love having it along (they prefer I still try and pay for the fuel... LOL).

Can you provide the details on the new CG in MO?

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Tent & Backpack with all the gear
Old 04-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

Yeah I just ment slightly used to us hahaha you know little old lady church on sunday its the 08 6.4 F-250 crew I got 61,000 on mine. The camp ground is Hawn St park we have never camped there yet but Ill let you know monday how it was were exploring a couple new ones this year.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Camping Guru

I got to meet this Church lady who owned this '08 6.4 F-250, unless you were referring to you. LOL.

Looking forward to hearing your experiences from Hawn St park...

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Old 04-25-2011, 06:31 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

Well ok very nice park wooded quiet sites a little close to eachother but not bad concrete pads very nice no leveling at all. So weekend weather not so nice St Louis got pounded tornadoes, rain, winds we missed the worst of it. Settled into a nice sleep love sleeping in storms when about 3:30 a banging on our door a women in a rain coat tells us the creek is rising and its only about 20ft from our spot. we packed up in truly NASCAR speed soaking wet and chilled we left for home. When we left our site looked like the movie a river runs through it so from now on we camping in the desert in April
Old 04-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Camping Guru

Wow...scary....

Deserts in April can be scary if it's raining - very rare but it happens. There's NO warning when it's raining and the deluges start. It seems the ground is dry and the rain is starting, then all of a sudden a river just shows up, no warning, no previews, just a wall of water and, debris. Pick your sites carefully.

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Old 04-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

It was just a joke Art we have no deserts in the midwest Were just in a weired weather pattern here hopefully next months better
Old 04-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Camping Guru

Yes, I know.... but with a trailer you can certainly drive to one and turn it into reality. I thought you were coming out my way where I live in the Southern California desert.

There's plenty of desert where I live and can relate to the potential danger. Every year or so we read about the dummies who like to camp in a desert arroyo because they are low and flat then wonder why things were swept away with just a little bit of rain.

DW & I took a trip through the midwest last month and we're amazed there isn't more flooding with all the precipitation out there and how flat it was, and there was miles and miles and miles of flatness.

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Old 04-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

Yeah one day Id love to head out your way much prettier then here. Yeah our ground is strange to it take alot of rain to raise the levels but then they flood quick and then drop fast you really have to be careful here to im not sure what we were thinking about trying to camp this time of year LOL