1st Timer - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Welcome To Camper Community Forums

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

1st Timer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Default 1st Timer

Just bought a Ford F250 and an 31' Excel Rv. Now looking to go camping for the 1st time with the truck/camper. My wife of 28 years and I have tent camped with Boy Scouts all over the country, but I am looking to enjoy this camper with a shower and bathroom! I would appreciate any tips or suggestions on how to get started. I haven't read the 4" binder on the camper yet, but am getting ready to start. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you. We live in the North East portion of Tennessee. God's Country for sure! See you in woods!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2010, 11:09 AM
_

Welcome aboard
Old 08-25-2010, 02:11 AM
Camper

welcome to the site
theres lots of useful inforamtion and help on the site and have fun camping

Old 08-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Tent

Welcome

A couple of things come to mind. 1st of all, take it to an empty parking lot and practice backing up to park. I have an F250 and a 30' Travel trailer and that helped a lot in the state parks.

If you have crank down stabilizers, bring a battery powered drill to raise and lower them. That makes live a whole lot easier.

3rd, if you don't have one, buy a blue tank. It is essentally a spare holding tank for your black and gray water. It keeps you from hooking and unhooking when your holding tanks fill up. Don't forget the latex or nitrile surgical gloves :-)

Finally, while it is tempting to try out all the neat gadgets in the RV, take it slow and become very familiar with your new unit. I recommend "camping" in your back yard prior to going to a park. Most of all ENJOY!!!!!

Jack

JackW
F-250 Superduty