I'm Back !!!! - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Welcome To Camper Community Forums

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

I'm Back !!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: None

Default I'm Back !!!!

Sorry I been gone so long, getting internet at the new site was a feat rivaled only by the parting of the red sea. I've relocated back to the williamsport Pa area, taking time for several hikes, day trips and state campground experiences. I'm back to living the dream, full-timing in my "new-to-me" 94 Dutchmen fifth wheel, a 30ft semi-fixer-upper.
I've missed this community as badly the last 2 months as I miss backpacking and tent camping in the dead of winter.
With winter just around the corner, I have my work cut out for me, skirting in, a little light remodeling and decorative interior work that still needs done, and the ever dreaded "honey-do" list
All this while re-re-locating my company... and thats why it's good to be... me LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Send a message via Yahoo to l2l

Welcome back Mark

Good luck with your honey do list

http://www.prostateextremeteam.com/gifs/ribbon_sm.gif 2001 GMC Yukon 27' Shasta
Old 09-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Camping Guru

Eh Mark. Me too. Been very busy lately.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:23 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: None

Thanks Antigua and 121,
I've gotten many of the "must-do's" on my list completed as the budget has allowed the last couple of weeks, and overall things are going well. I returned home to williamsport Pa. due to my fathers cancer and Parkinson's to take care of him and mom, relocating my company again is a huge financial struggle in these economic times.. I used to make more in a week than I have in almost the last 2 months but I know in my heart I am doing the right thing, after all, they have always been there for me, and now it is my turn to take care of them. I wake up thankful every morning that I have my wife and two children to love, that I have the ability to live the lifestyle I love, full-timing in my 5th wheel, I have my health, and the good health of my loved ones, but, I think most of all, I appreciate being a full-time camper, surrounded by like-minded folks who look after each other and care about one another. I don't know how many full-timers will read this or what anyone elses situation is, but the 15 or so neighbors I have all look out for each other. If someone is in need of a part, repair or service if someone here can't do it, they know someone who will do it cheap to help out. When I came home, my camper didn't have an awning, which didn't really bother me, but it was on my list, eventually.. 1 person had a roller, someone else had the arms, and so on.. 5 people came down and "invited" themselves to supper with my family because they smelled "some tasty grub" on my grill, I welcomed everyone and threw more on the grill, the next thing I knew, we were having an "awning party" to celebrate the new awning on my camper I didn't know I was getting. Even though I'm going thru really hard times financially and emotionally because I know my fathers time is coming to an end.. I feel like I'm on top of the world, because in the "camping community" when you care and share and help your neighbors, when you live life the way it's meant to be, everything works out in the end, because you have everyone in the community helping you too..maybe thats the meaning of life, help each other, and always be there for your neighbor? It makes me think about colonial times, and our founding fathers, if they thought back then like most people do today... where would we be ? I apologize if I've sounded "preachy" but my recent hardships reminded me of whats really important.My long-time friend said it best by his recent decision, he sold his house, and is buying a camper and moving into this campground to full-time, having never owned a camper in his life, solely because he spent time around people just like the members of this site and seeing how we are toward each other.. wants to be with other people that think the same way he does... his remark when asked why.. I might be getting in over my head, but there's people here that will help me with what I don't know, just like I'll help them with what I do know...just like native american indian tribal villages, it took the whole village working together to survive and endure the hardships of life.
much as we do as the camper community "tribe"
Old 09-17-2009, 09:27 AM
Camping Guru

I think you hit the nail on the head there. I totally agree. Feels good to release like that eh? I didn't think you were preaching at all. It's hard looking after the ones you love especially when they are sick. I lost my father and even though it was about 7 years ago it still feels like yesterday. He was looking after my grandmother and when he passed, I took over. She passed away last October at the age of 99. I watched her suffer for the past 3 years. It takes a toll on you. She was a sweet lady but I was glad that the suffering was over. We all miss her a lot. I always say that fellow campers are some of the best people around. There's proof of that right here on this site, even though we've all never met. You just know. Keep that fantastic outlook on life that you have and that will help guide you thru your hardships and good time in life.