Greetings - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Welcome To Camper Community Forums

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Greetings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Popup

Default Greetings

I am new to pop up camping. Married with two daughters, ages 6 and 8. Both daughters hate camp ground bathrooms.

Some friends and I take our kids fishing every spring. Many of them have pop ups. The kids love them. Imagining an easier and more comfortable camping experience, I finally gave in and got one today. Left my house in NC at 8 this am, drove 4 hours to Georgia to get the model I wanted (an '07 Fleetwood e-3) and made it back for a late dinner. (My wife does not like campers but there is some chance it will grow on her. In any event, it is still unlikely that she will leave me over this).

At this point, my camper seems like the space shuttle to me so please have patience with my dumb questions every now and then.

Cheers,

AMCDeac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Default Ev3 check out.

congratulations on your eV3 buy.
I have one too.
Make sure you get underneath and check out all the water lines , they sometimes come kinked from factory.
also keep and eye on your water hoses under the sink for kinking and the water lines to your outside hose shower.
after the first year, I changed all the flexible lines out with ones from home depot.
I also just bought a set of pop up gizmos ( solar reflector covers ) for all my pop outs.
They work amazing, it was actually 101 here today, and the covers allowed the AC to actually keep the trailer cold.
Its a bear to crank up, I think I'll go in for a power lift
I think your wife will come around, mine wasn't too keen, but ended up loving it .
one more note, don't drive around with the poop tank full, it will leak a bit under the toilet.
pull out the cassette and put it on the deck, it seals when it id pulled out.
if it does leak pull out your cassette, lift the plastic plates and spray lysol ALOT INTO the chamber under the toilet.

Last edited by canoeman; 08-29-2009 at 10:17 PM..
Old 08-31-2009, 09:53 AM
Camper
Camper Type: Tent

Welcome, I am sure you will love your pop up!

Old 09-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Welcome to the forum I can under stand the bathroom thing. Thats why I got a camper with a bathroom.