New Member - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Welcome To Camper Community Forums

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Default New Member

Hi! I have a Jayco Travel Trailer with a slide which I am hoping to use this winter to travel to a warm state (AL or FL). My husband and I had planned to do a lot of traveling when we retired but God had other plans. After 2 years of seeing it sit in my backyard like a sore thumb, I'm going to give it a go on my own. Luckily I have a wonderful sister and brother-in-law who will help me get it to my destination and return to pull it back home again. I'm hoping to connect with other widows here willing to share what they have learned about camping on their own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2009, 06:12 AM
_

Welcome aboard

Sorry to hear about your husband, but am impressed with your spirit!
Old 08-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Welcome to the forum. So sorry about your husband. I cannot begin to imagine what you went through and continue to go through. Good for you to keep going and get going camping again. I think there a a couple of single ladies here that camp on thier own. Lots of advice here either way. Just remember, there is no such thing as a stupid or silly question here on the forum. What ever you need we're all here to help you and each other out.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Camping Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to l2l

Welcome to the forum, your spirit to continue your dream is awesome.

You go girl

http://www.prostateextremeteam.com/gifs/ribbon_sm.gif 2001 GMC Yukon 27' Shasta
Old 08-13-2009, 07:48 AM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: Tent

Almanah!!!!

I presently camp sans man! I am not a widow, and I am SO sorry for your loss. He will be SO proud of you for continuing the dream and taking your baby out camping.

I have "other" considerations for why I go camping without male company. I am not single, but my other half can't camp with us for health reasons. My children are still young and I want them to get out and enjoy adventures.

Everything I have to camp with I can set up and tear down myself. This can take a little extra planning in the shopping phase of things, and sometimes costs a little extra for the lighter weight camping gear that I can handle by myself.

The best friend I have is a good wagon. I can haul firewood in it. I can haul my groceries back from the camp store in it. I can haul our clothes to and from the laundry facilities. I love my wagon.

Any questions you have... feel free to ask!
Old 08-13-2009, 10:14 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by almanah View Post
Hi! I have a Jayco Travel Trailer with a slide which I am hoping to use this winter to travel to a warm state (AL or FL). My husband and I had planned to do a lot of traveling when we retired but God had other plans. After 2 years of seeing it sit in my backyard like a sore thumb, I'm going to give it a go on my own. Luckily I have a wonderful sister and brother-in-law who will help me get it to my destination and return to pull it back home again. I'm hoping to connect with other widows here willing to share what they have learned about camping on their own.
Good to have you! God and your husband are hoping you enjoy yourself, I just know it.

And, I've been gone a while...so to EVERYONE ELSE that's a new arrival/fng/newbie, etc....
Old 08-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Camper

Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome here. I appreciate your words of encouragment more than you can imagine.

Kiteri: Thanks for that wagon suggestion. I have one I use in the yard a lot these days. I won't forget to take it with me...it's on the list!