Hello from Canada - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Welcome To Camper Community Forums

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Hello from Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Smile Hello from Canada

Hello all
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Shane, My wife is Michelle, my son Liam (1-1/2 years) amd my daughter Emily (6 years). We've been camping now for 4 years straight and we really love being outdoors. My wife and I used to tent camp when we were in our teens but gave it up for years until Emily asked me to take her camping. Michelle thought it was a good idea too so I was out numbered. I showed them though....I brought home a popup tent trailer......TAKE THAT!!! I didn't want to sleep on the ground again. Sense then we purchaced another bigger popup then just last summer we purchaced our first hybrid travel trailer. We really love it. It's loaded up with all the extras that I just love (I gave up roughing it years ago). Is there anyone else from Canada on this site? I'm looking forward to read some of your advice and I'm sure I'll be looking for some as well.

Shane, Michelle, Emily and Liam
2008 Starcraft Antigua 215SB
2006 Ford Explorer XLT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2007, 10:23 AM
Camping Fanatic

Default Howdy

Great to hear from Canada, bet it is cold up there

Its been kind of slow round here lately as the site has been upgraded recently, but i expect it to pick up quite a bit real soon. Glad to have you on board!

Ford Mainline
Old 12-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Camping Guru

Thank you ctfortner.
It's not to bad up here yet. January and February tend to be the coldest months where you want to keep the cars plugged in. We just had a big storm rip thru here that dumped a good foot or so a snow in less than 24 hours. I've used my snow blower more often this December than all of last winter combined. This will be the first white Christmas we've had for a long time as well. It should be fun. This is the first year my son has ever experienced snow so to watch him freak out over something I'm used to is awesome to watch.

Thanks for the welcome

Shane

Old 12-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Camping Fanatic

I have spent a few christmas's up your way, in northern MN. the boss (wife) is from there, Brainerd area. It gets down right cold round them parts, but i love ice fishin. Cant do that down here

Been to Canada once, was really nice. Cant remember exactly where it was we went, but spent a week on a lake there, did a lot of walleye fishing. We drove from Brainerd. I have learned what the "walleye chop" is. We are hoping to get back up there for another trip, maybe go further north next time.

Ford Mainline
Old 12-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Camping Guru

There is a lot of fishing up here. I'm from Orangeville Ontario about 2 hrs north of Toronto. Brainerd is a lot more North from were I am. I bet it's cold. There are thousands of lakes all around us up here and there is a lot of walleye, small and large mouth bass, and trout to name a few. I love to fish but I haven't gone out in years. Over the past couple of years I've been taking my daughter out fishing whenever we go camping so we've been having fun.

Last edited by antigua; 12-18-2007 at 01:07 PM..
Old 12-19-2007, 08:01 AM
Camping Guru

Howdy Shane, welcome aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antigua View Post
Hello all
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Shane, My wife is Michelle, my son Liam (1-1/2 years) amd my daughter Emily (6 years). We've been camping now for 4 years straight and we really love being outdoors. My wife and I used to tent camp when we were in our teens but gave it up for years until Emily asked me to take her camping. Michelle thought it was a good idea too so I was out numbered. I showed them though....I brought home a popup tent trailer......TAKE THAT!!! I didn't want to sleep on the ground again. Sense then we purchaced another bigger popup then just last summer we purchaced our first hybrid travel trailer. We really love it. It's loaded up with all the extras that I just love (I gave up roughing it years ago). Is there anyone else from Canada on this site? I'm looking forward to read some of your advice and I'm sure I'll be looking for some as well.

Shane, Michelle, Emily and Liam
2008 Starcraft Antigua 215SB
2006 Ford Explorer XLT
Old 12-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Camping Guru

Thanks for the welcome Mailfire99
Old 12-20-2007, 06:07 AM
Camping Extraordinaire

hello and welcome. I am the infamous one from MN. Wish i was going there for Christmas this year, miss the white christmas's
Old 12-20-2007, 06:21 AM
Camping Guru

Well there's lots of the white stuff this year. It's fun for a while but come February, I've had enough. I'm really ready to start camping. That's whe I start booking camp sites for the summer. By the end of April, I have all the campgrounds booked.
Thanks for the welcome glfortner.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:24 AM
Camping Extraordinaire

yeah i hear there is a lot this year. thats why i moved from MN, could take the cold anymore. I miss it, but dont think i could move back. But its just the opposite down here, 100+ degree days in the summer with high humidity, its miserable too. But the husband wont be moving anytime soon, so i will live. But we all enjoy heading north for the visits, makes me homesick.

Quote:
Well there's lots of the white stuff this year. It's fun for a while but come February, I've had enough. I'm really ready to start camping. That's whe I start booking camp sites for the summer. By the end of April, I have all the campgrounds booked.
Thanks for the welcome glfortner.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: 5th Wheel

Default Welcome Canada

Welcome to Camper Community. I like Todd am also in Tennessee (actually, Todd and I have known each other for about 9 years). I hope you enjoy it here and please share your thoughts and comments. Todd has just did some recent improvements to the site and it is really looking great.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Camping Guru

Thanks Bill I don't know what the site looked like before but from what I can see, it looks great.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Camping Fanatic

Thanks. the forum was old and outdated and was recently switched to this one. Its a whole lot nicer and user friendly than before. Tell all your camping friends about us, we all enjoy camping and sharing ideas, and hope to have many others with the same passion.

Quote:
Thanks Bill I don't know what the site looked like before but from what I can see, it looks great.

Ford Mainline
Old 01-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Addicted Camper
Camper Type: None

Send a message via MSN to grace

Welcome Shane! And Gail I am also from Minnesota. I was born in Grand Rapids, MN in 1965. It's about 1 1/2 hr. south of Canada. My Dad plugged our cars in all the time. We went to Ontario for summer vacation when I was 17. We went to Lake Jeanette. We had a camper bus converted into a camper. We had a car, and a boat. We went up there with another family. They had 110 forest fires that summer. Most of the roads were closed. It was a beautiful place with rocks, trees, and lakes. We ate non-stop walleye. They didn't like the Northern Pikes in Canada. They had a slimy exterior. We had milk in a liter bag. Well reading your posts sure brought back some good memories ! Thanks!
Old 01-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Camping Guru

Thanks for the welcome Grace and your welcome Where is Lake Jeanette? I did a search and the only one I came up with is in Greensboro, North Carolina. Anyway, there is a lot of great camping around here. I think the best place I've been to around here is up in Tomermory. The Provincial Campgrounds around here are really nice. I do camp at a few different priviate campgrounds but the really nice ones are hard to find. I've done my homework on the private campgrounds and if anyone is planning to come up to Ontario, let me know, I'll try to help you out.
Thanks again Grace

Shane