Hello from Canada - Page 4 - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Welcome To Camper Community Forums

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Hello from Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 05:49 AM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Th northern light are something to see. I don't get a chance to see them every year but when you do see them it's really amazing. Where does your mom live? The pictures are really really awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2008, 08:53 AM
Addicted Camper
Camper Type: None

Send a message via MSN to grace

She lives in Nashwauk, MN all her life. So we did stay in a few different house but the same town. Just now, she moved to Hibbing, MN. They found a nice newer house. It's a much warmer house. She even has a water softener, and a a finished basement. They got new appliances, too. She sewed some curtains for the kitchen. Her birthday is coming up so I mailed her a present. I got her a gold bracelet with purple jewels on it. I went to Macy's and got it for $8.00. It was on sale, and came boxed with a red case. I put another Northern light picture in here.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello from Canada-north4.jpg  

Old 02-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Camper

Red face Hello back at ya from Ontario

Hi there...diane from northern ontario here...we live 300 km northeast of Thunder Bay, a little place called Longlac.
It is cold here right now and we have tons of snow.
We have worked our way up to a 38 foot Jayco fifth wheel..but still tent on lots of occassions. we love to get in the boat and go for the weekend...just me, serge and Duke the dog.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Camping Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to l2l

Welcome diane some great folks here...

http://www.prostateextremeteam.com/gifs/ribbon_sm.gif 2001 GMC Yukon 27' Shasta
Old 02-13-2008, 09:39 AM
Addicted Camper

Send a message via MSN to grace

Welcome Diane! I give you the warmest wishes all the way to Ontario. You live 300 km northeast of Thunder Bay? Wow! Now that's north! My Mom said she has plenty of snow, too. She is the one who shovels it, so there's a special bond. You'll love this website because it's just like talking to family. It's one of my favorites, and I hope yours too.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianen View Post
Hi there...diane from northern ontario here...we live 300 km northeast of Thunder Bay, a little place called Longlac.
It is cold here right now and we have tons of snow.
We have worked our way up to a 38 foot Jayco fifth wheel..but still tent on lots of occassions. we love to get in the boat and go for the weekend...just me, serge and Duke the dog.
Must have missed this one, but here is a late Diane! You guys still covered up out that way?
Old 04-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Camping Guru

It's melting pretty quick around here. I can see some grass in the back yard and the land mines thanks to the dog. I had the sun roof open in the car yesterday. I was really nice.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Camping Fanatic

Thats great news Shane, you will be camping before you know it! Was 75 here today, man was it nice!

Ford Mainline
Old 04-07-2008, 05:25 AM
Camper

Hello there fom a fellow Ontario camper....we live 300 kms from Thunder Bay and you cant believe the snow we still have...there was at least 2 inches of new white stuff on my car this am...I have had enough...plus to boot our big Jayco 5th wheel burnt to the ground last wednesday, in cold storage..so just went to Thunder Bay and bought another one...its still at the dealership and am itching something bad to get out in it...
My dining room table is covered in stuff, because of course the camper was all packed, and we lost everything...so everytime I think of something I want to put in the new one I put it aside...so getting excited to get out in the fresh air....ice fishing is not doing it.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:29 AM
Camping Guru

Burnt to the ground!!!!!! Holy Crap! What happened? Sorry to hear that. I'm glad you got a new one. I assume you had it insured. There's nothing like the smell of a new trailer. Well, it's not the same as the smell of a new car but exciting all the same. Good luck with the new trailer. I hope the snow will go away for you soon. How much do you still have? I'm able to see the grass for the first time sense November. Now I can start polishing up the lawn mower. LOL
Old 04-08-2008, 06:16 AM
Camper

We had it in cold storage..unfort. the guy beside us didnt like the cold part and so he was apparently running a little heater, siting on the floor of his motorcoach..and it got knocked over and the rest is history. There is nothing left but the bed springs, and a piece of the frame for the hide a bed..oh yes and 2 hunks of black metal that I think were the frig and oven.
I made my orientation appt for May 1 so that when we go and pick it up. You should see my house, everytime I think of something we need, for the camper, I put it aside...and thats not counting the stuff I have bought.
We have at least 3 feet of snow in our yard, and it has snowed for the last 2 nights. It is very depressing.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:27 AM
Camping Guru

That is terrible Diane, sorry to hear.

Scary to think about...Some people are just plain careless.

Congrats on the new rig though, that will be fun. What model/brand did you buy?

Snow does sound depressing at this point, but hopefully it will move on out for yall soon. Its hard to imagine it still snowing, we have been tasting the 70's the last few days, actually cut some grass yesterday.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Camper

Thank you for your kind words....we were actually devastated.
Well after looking a hundred or so we decided on a Sportsman 35.5 fifth wheel with 4 slides. It is made by ZY I think it is....they also make the Durango and some others Ive not heard of. It was a good price and had
99% of what I wanted and none of what I didnt want.
I know this snow thing is awful....I have had enough and still have 2 years to work. We love it here in the summer....but enough of the white stuff. We snowmobile and ice fish and all stuff but sun and heat is sounding better and better.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Camper

Default Hello from another Canadian

Hi all,

I just found Camper Community and thought I'd join up. 19 C here today and I just got back from an overnighter in my Citation 25' class C diesel.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Camping Guru

Welcome to the site pianotuna!

Did you just do an overnighter in the backyard, or did yall go to a campground up there?