keeping mice out??? any suggestions - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Recreational Vehicles > RV / Camper Discussions

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

keeping mice out??? any suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Default keeping mice out??? any suggestions

ive heard of moth balls,..bounce dryer sheet, and of course decon, but doesnt that attract them??? any help i would appreciate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Camper
Camper Type: 5th Wheel

Unhappy Keeping Mice out

I think I have a mouse...I found some chew marks and shavings by where I had a mouse a few years ago....I put 4 traps in the camper about 10 days ago so far no luck....my underbelly is enclosed...I have been under there with my creeper and I can not figure out where they get in.......
Old 10-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Camper

thanks....yes i knew i had mice..found toilet paper roll chewed and a nest...but i didnt know they were inside...i found my bathroom supply lines that come up through my floor under the sink...were loose..they had a round washer around the lines with screws, but for some reason...the washers got loose...traveling, bumps???...they defin could get through there.....so i took spray insulation foam and plugged up the gaps....ill be dang the next mornign...they had eaten through the insulation foam...ONE night....im thinking they were in the trailer and once we started disrupting it, they wanted out...so thats the way they went!!!..so im ammsuming thats how they got in as well....amazing
Old 10-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Addicted Camper

don't use moth balls. you won't get the smell out. dryer sheets work for me, but you have to change them after they dry out. some say they don't.
try putting steel wool into the holes. they won't eat through that.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:13 AM
Camper

Use Fresh Cab, I've used it in my boat and classic vehicles now for about 5 years-no problems! It's bits of corn in a scent pouch that has natural oils on it. I believe the active incredient is balsam fir oil. They smell great and actually work. Look for it at tractor dealerships or farm supply stores. Cost is around $13 for a box of 4 packets.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Camper
Camper Type: Toy Hauler

I like the glue strips.It's kinda fun to listen to the mice scream when they get stuck to them.Pay back for getting in the trailer to start with.My firm rule is if you come in the trailer,you better bring beer.Never had a mouse bring beer yet,so they get what they deserve.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:42 PM
Camper

try spraying a mouth wash, in australia we use a product called listerene yes it does work dags
Old 10-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Addicted Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswillis View Post
Use Fresh Cab, I've used it in my boat and classic vehicles now for about 5 years-no problems! It's bits of corn in a scent pouch that has natural oils on it. I believe the active incredient is balsam fir oil. They smell great and actually work. Look for it at tractor dealerships or farm supply stores. Cost is around $13 for a box of 4 packets.
is that the name of the stuff, cab? i'll check out tractor supply if it is. i found it online and ordered it. i'll give it a try. thanks
2003 F 350 crew cab srw
6.0 powerstroke

Last edited by dogbone; 10-28-2009 at 12:42 PM. Reason: answered my own guestion.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Camper

Someone told us to use whole cloves to keep the mice away. We have put a handful in baggies and put them throughout our trailer. We've done this for 5 years now and so far, no mice!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Addicted Camper

Up date on an old thread. I bought the fresh cab. Put 6 bags around the trailer. Mice ate the peanut butter in the trap right next to a bag of fresh cab. Trap worked good, cab didn't.
I went back to my bounce drier sheets and traps. I had to try the cab. just didn't work along with a lot of other stuff I have tried.
2003 F 350 crew cab srw
6.0 powerstroke