When planning a camping trip, it’s most important to find a good campsite. Finding a good campsite can greatly contribute to a wonderful camping experience. By the same token, a poor campsite can cause a lot of problems and make for a miserable time. Keeping this in mind, there are a few things to consider when choosing your campsite.
- Choose a level and shaded site
- Is the water/electric connection conceniently located for the campsite?
- How far away are the bath houses and restrooms?
- If you are camping with kids, is there plenty of room for them to run around?
- If you are tent camping, is there a tent pad on the campsite?
- Is there an area for meal preparation and eating, such as a picnic table?
- Are campfires allowed at this campsite?
- Is there an area for activities? ex. swimming, playgrounds, etc..
- Is there ample parking for the amount of vehicles in your party?
- Above all, make sure that your campsite is safe for everyone.
Campsites are such a huge part of the camping experience that they can really add or detract from the whole experience. It helps to do a little research and know what you are looking for when you are choosing a campsite!